Food Basket Foundation International (FBFI) the first indigenous Nutrition-focused, nonprofit, non-governmental organization (NGO) in Nigeria, was founded in 1989 with the singular mission of helping low-income families achieve food and nutrition security on a sustainable basis, especially for members of vulnerable groups. FBFI through the years has provided interventions and services with the aims of alleviating the effects of poverty, promoting nutritious practices geared toward food security, and providing a means of developing a sustainable livelihood.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Compliance Manager has primary responsibility for developing and maintaining a compliance framework for the Civil Society Organization (CSO) Regulatory Platform Project. Platform in order to facilitate knowledge of and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- The Compliance Manager will lead the compliance team to create and implement a strategy for the compliance verification and support framework for CSOs via the interactive web platform (IWP).
- The CM will work with the team to develop relevant policies, procedures, and workflows to provide efficient and effective service delivery while meeting performance metrics. In addition, the CM will ensure that internal and external guidelines for compliance with extant laws and the self-regulatory models are put in place and optimized.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Program Director, develops a framework for the implementation of FBFI’s regulatory initiatives.
- Leads the development and implementation of CSOs compliance verification and certification process for the CRP
- Leads the development and implementation of a compliance system for CSOs via the IWP, primarily through an information advisory hotline.
- Collaborates with the Communication and Partnership Manager to facilitate awareness of the IWP, particularly the information services, compliance support process, compliance verification, and certification process
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement for CSOs and lead the development of capacity-building programs, including training, coaching, and mentoring, to fill gaps related to compliance with extant- and self-regulation models.
- Ensure that policies, processes, procedures, and workflows are comprehensive and adequately documented.
- Facilitate data collection around CSO challenges with ease of compliance.
- Propose improvements for ease of compliance with an implementable advocacy plan.
- Facilitate the production of evidence based advocacy materials, including, yet not limited to policy briefs, infographics, content for press releases, etc.
- Engage with regulators and other key stakeholders to facilitate the process of improvements in ease of compliance to extant laws and regulations.
- Maintain oversight of internal compliance systems, policies, processes, procedures and workflows to ensure highest standards of compliance are adhered to.
- Ensure cooperation with the monitoring and evaluation of the compliance systems for optimal performance.
- Facilitate internal and external compliance reviews for FBFI
- Provide regular management reports, including, yet not limited to CSOs registered on the IWP, compliance data, information advisory services data, etc.
- Supervise Compliance team
- Organize and supervise training for staff and volunteers on compliance related topics, policies, and procedures
- Stay informed about current regulations and laws, trends, changes, and best practices that affect CSOs in Nigeria, facilitating informational updates on the information services component of the IWP.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending job related workshops/trainings, establishing personal networks and participate in professional society’s seminars and
- Carry out any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- University Degree in Policy, Development, relevant Humanities or Social Science or its recognized equivalent.
- Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in relevant activities, related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Knowledgeable about Federal and subnational regulations in Nigeria. Knowledge of selfregulation modalities provides added value.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, volunteers and other project stakeholders
- Proven ability in reporting Proven ability to effectively supervise a team for successful project delivery
- Ability to represent the organization to donors, government officials and the NGO community when necessary
- Well-developed computer skills
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple task functions simultaneously;
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.