Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Coordinator (M/F)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Fixed-term Contract
Duration: 6 months
Job Status: Employee
Starting date: as soon as possible
- Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you will provide leadership and management to ensure programmatic and operational goals of the country mission are met through appropriate financial infrastructure and systems.
- Support on strategic direction of the mission’s funding plan, operating budget and risks management
- Take initiatives to build or enhance sound financial management and streamline operational spendings
- Prepare, revise and maintain operating budget and grant proposal budgets
- Update grant pipelines and monthly projections, propose and prepare budget revisions
- Identify and analyse any discrepancy
- Monitor overall budget consumption
Treasury and accountancy
- Be responsible for the cash provision and safe management
- Assess the needs for the coming months, compile fund requests from each department to monitor cash flow management
- Ensure that payments are made in a timely and secure manner across all the country operations
- Be responsible for the soft accountancy of all sites for both accounting & donor allocations
- Be responsible for the update and implementation of the cash management protocols
- Coordinate the closure of monthly accountancy
- Be responsible for all bank transactions
Audit, Compliance and Reporting:
- Be responsible for the production of financial budget to donors
- Develop, revise and implement specific financial procedures and guidelines
- Prepare, organise and supervise audits at field level
- Ensure internal financial procedures, systems, policies and controls are applied and complied
- Prepare financial reports and donor budgets
- Ensure all financial activities including payroll, income and other taxes are compliant with Nigerian laws
- Be responsible of the HR sizing of the finance department
- Be responsible for and supervise the overall recruitment and training of the finance department
- Support and advise the finance team and other departments to ensure full understanding of their responsibilities regarding finance management
- Train and build capacities of staff in the department
Coordination, partnership and capacity building:
- Participate in the monthly grants review meeting, provide financial information to the coordination team
- Represent MdM with donors
- Liaise with INGO finance directors in-country and actively participate in interagency coordination meetings
- Provide strong oversight and support to MdM local partner and sub-grantee’s activities, including compliance with donor regulations and capacity building
- Provide capacity building to MdM local partner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related courses.
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience in this field, preferably in an international NGO with multi-donor budgets.
- Experience in budget construction, analysis and monitoring.
- Knowledge in supply chain management is a plus.
- Ability to work in unstable and volatile environment.
- Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAGA required.
- Languages : Fluent English mandatory, knowledge in French is a asset.
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
Conditions of Employment
- Gross monthly salary: 2,940 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation.)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
- Based in Maiduguri.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online