Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems,globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The IT Assistant will support the IT/Innovations Officer in all IT related issues and provide basic support on Information systems and hardware configurations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals, this includes installing, configuring, testing, monitoring, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance.
- Support in installing and configuring cloud servers such as Azure, Office 365 and other network resources for the office and the respective users.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- Develop minimum security baseline configuration such as anti-malware; data loss prevention solutions; andsystems securitysettings for workstations/laptops.
- Installation of all user’s relevant applications on the respective user’s computers.
- Collaborate with the Procurement Team to see that all requested equipment/services are delivered with the right specifications.
- Code/label of all procured IT equipment in close collaboration with the admin department.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end-users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all peripheral equipment.
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
- Support in carrying out proactive maintenance on all IT equipment inoffices and ensure they are in good working condition.
- Work with end-users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Support in the day-to-day user support and all requested supports are rendered within a reasonable time frame for users ofthe office.
- Support development and implementation of new hardware installations.
- Support the IT/ Innovations officer to install and configure new networks on employees’ systems.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and be responsible for reporting and communicating of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Professional certificate(s) and/or training in the IT-related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in similar responsibilities is required.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Cloud servers- such as Azure, Office 365, etc.
- Excellent technical knowledge of systems security policy and compliance.
- Extensive equipment support experience with PCs.
- Must be proactive and strategic in approach to work.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, a strong sense of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills; approachable, diplomatic, able to maintain confidentiality; able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Fluency in English required.
Deadline: 24th June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “IT Assistant, Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- Only Nigerian nationals or people with a Nigerian work permit can apply, as sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply