Ha-Shem is an I.T. solutions company that provide I.T support for your business productivity and efficiency. At Ha-Shem we also walk you through these stand-out solutions that fit into your workflow and assist you in transforming your business digitally while prioritizing the safety, security and seamlessness. Also our job is to identify and address these continually evolving needs within organisations, and proffer solutions tailored to ensure the effectiveness of the workforce within your organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network and Security Engineer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
- Design, install, maintain, and oversee the equipment required for providing LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, VPN, and VoIP networks economically.
- Design and implementation of dependable network that integrates the Internet, LAN, and WAN sections.
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, Load balancers, VPN, QoS, MPLS, DMVPN, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, bug fixes and security configurations.
- Designing and configuration of dynamic routing protocols in an enterprise network (e.g., EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Devising procedures, policies, and protecting data integrity and confidentiality.
- Monitoring network, engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Support, evaluate, and update infrastructure documentation
- Product/Solution Workloads: Cisco, Sophos, SolarWinds, WhatsUp Gold, McAfee solutions, Kaspersky, Symantec/Broadcom Security, Azure Security & Network Services: Traffic Manager, Load balancers, Express Route Site-to-Site VPN, All VPN Technologies from different OEMs.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, SD-WAN, QoS).
- Monitor and optimize local and wide-area networks for optimal performance and maximum availability and reliability.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and integration of the corporate WAN, LAN and server architecture.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and resolve WAN performance and capacities; identify problem areas, bottlenecks and network problems; use various network tools to provide resolution for system issues; maintain, monitor and perform WAN configuration backups.
- Responsible for implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforcing the network security policy and complying with requirements of external security audits and recommendations.
- Performing analysis of network security needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and correcting network problems remotely and on-site.
- Maintaining and administering perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage and implement hardware, wireless gear, and circuits.
- Manage and oversee system administration; Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) systems; assist with security and third-party software installation; manage system administration tools and processes.
- Provide next level support and issue troubleshooting to in-house technicians & customers.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Establish the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources.
- Implementing regulatory systems in accordance with IT security.
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access.
- Informing the company about the security incidents as soon as possible.
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
- Report network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects.
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
- Configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls.
- Provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation.
- Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation.
- Undertake capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centers.
- Liaise with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis.
- Speak to customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance.
- Provide input in determining the technical requirements of customer projects.
- Documentation of systems inventory, configurations, etc. in support of deliverables.
- Successful execution of test & acceptance process of deliverables.
- Responsible for meeting & exceeding customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work cohesively with members of the sales, services, and marketing team as required.
- Keep up to date with latest Certification path to prove skills & expertise in service delivery.
- Ability to work during weekend and/or in the evening and some travel may be required.
- BA / B.Sc / HND in Computer Science or related field.
- 2 – 4 years experience
Skills for Success:
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco solutions:
- Routers and routing
- Wireless networking
- Voice: Call Manager, Call Manager Express, Presence, etc.
- Security: ASA, FirePower, Cisco ACE, Cisco ISE, etc.
- Good understanding of Sophos XG firewall, Sophos Central Intercept-X & Endpoint Protection, Wireless, Mobile Security, Device Encryption and Cloud Security.
- Azure Networking Experience
- Virtual Networks and Security Groups
- VPN and Express Route
- Azure DNS and Traffic Manager
- Load Balancing and Availability Sets.
- Experienced with McAfee Security solutions, Kaspersky, Symantec Security, etc.
- In-depth understanding of network monitoring services like:
- SolarWinds Network Monitoring tools
- IPSwitch WhatsUp Gold
- Cisco Prime
- An up-to-date knowledge and understanding of customer’s business and industry needs, as well as the technical demands.
- To recognize the importance of customer focus and/or of serving the needs of the end user.
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CompTIA N+, CCNA, CCNP, SCP, SCE, etc.) will be an advantage
- Analytical skills to find and fix problems.
- The ability to explain technical problems in everyday English and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Excellent customer service skills, organizational and time-management skills.
- Familiarity with on premise datacenter architectures and SD-WAN technologies.
- Experience in the design, deployment, and support of large, complex systems.
- Good knowledge and experience in the infrastructure space, such as servers, workstations, firewalls, routers, load balancers, application proxies etc.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with staff who aren’t technically trained.
- The skill to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organization.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize your workload.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles relating to networking technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to effectively prioritize, focus and deliver work within agreed timescales to the highest standards.
- The resilience to approach challenging issues with a positive and fresh outlook.
Deadline: 28th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.