Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PA Senior Project Application Engineer
Req ID: 007ZD2
Job Type: Full-time
Categories: Customer Projects & Services
- An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Engineering Division for a PA Senior Project Application Engineer to report to the Engineering Manager.
Primary Purpose of the Job
- Specify, design, implement and review the detailed technical supply of automation systems.
- Provide technical input and support to engineering standards, tools, and methodology.
- When assigned, manage, administer and control one or more teams of engineers during the design, build, and testing phase of medium to large projects.
- Through a team of Engineers, is responsible for ensuring project technical deliverables are on time.
- Functionally manages a Group of Application Engineers.
- Mentoring Engineers for their career development.
- Shall assist the EM in Engineering estimates
- Assist Engineering Manager in the implementation of standards for engineering and quality control.
- Shall be responsible for Productivity & utilization of the Engineers acting as Lead on assigned projects ensuring project WBS time scales and deliverables are met.
- Shall require Travel for Meetings / Site implementation as deemed necessary.
- Shall work with Project Managers to ensure that all engineering deliverables for the projects assigned to this function and the Engineers under this function are executed within the agreed budget (including hours) and schedule.
- Actively contribute to the company knowledge capture system.
If so, designated by the Engineering and Project Manager, act as the Project Lead Engineer and assume the Following Additional Responsibilities:
- Manage, administer, and control the application engineering team during the design, build, and testing phase of the project.
- Total responsibility for the overall system specification, design, implementation, testing and review for in-house and 3rd party supply:
- Ensure all work packages are clearly identified, estimated & planned.
- Overall responsibility for resource identification, sourcing, monitoring, and control.
- Total responsibility for technical compliance, including Validation of system design, architecture and application software structure, verification of configuration specification, hardware specification, processor and marshalling cabinet layout and system interface to the field.
- Overall technical coordination of client interface and communications.
- Deputies & support the Project Manager as directed.
- Report progress to an agreed format.
- Engineering Manager
- Service Manager
- Project Managers
- Delivery Administrator.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience within a leading automation project organization.
- B.Sc in Engineering or equivalent / M.Sc preferred.
- Drive for Results.
- Foster teamwork.
- Client Focus.
- Coach & Develop Others.
- Good communication skills & team leadership.
- Initiative, self-motivation, and ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to quickly analyze a situation & make positive decisions or recommendations.
- Sound knowledge of automation control systems technologies.
- Knowledge of project management methods & support systems.
- Lagos based with occasional travel.
- Site work.
Schneider Electric believes in rewarding and recognizing employees who contribute to the success of the Company. Our rewards programs are designed for employees who are aligned to our strategy, engaged and successfully contributing to the organizational goals. These philosophies, as well as our desire to care for you and your family, form the basis of our Total Rewards offer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online