Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centres, Infrastructure, and Industries. With a global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation, and software.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Site / Service Engineer
Req No: 007ZCW
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Category: Customer Projects & Services
Job Type: Full-time
- Process Automation is a global business unit building value in today’s ever-changing industrial world by forging new connections among people, processes, and technologies.
- Schneider Electric’s process automation solutions help our customers to drive their operations to higher and higher value utilizing proven Schneider Electric technology and expertise enabling success.
- An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Process Automation (PA) business unit for a Senior Site/Service Engineer to join our delivery team, operating as part of the North Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa Hub (NESSA).
- The purpose of this key position is to lead and develop the field service team within West Africa and potentially across the territory. The role is a key delivery leadership role with line management responsibility for a team of Engineers currently based in Lagos and Port Harcourt but covering West Africa for the delivery of onsite services for a full suite of PA products (both hybrid and systems).
- The position based in Lagos will report to the Territory Engineering Manager and will operate as part of the Hub Delivery Team
- Ensure capacity plans are updated to reflect Service utilization of resources across service projects and regions.
- Ensure Service Engineer on-time booking and expense submission to ensure on-time invoicing of all site services activity.
- Support the ongoing growth of Service within West Africa, proactively identifying opportunities where appropriate.
- On-call support as Duty Manager.
- Select, deploy & mobilise Service Resources or contractors as required to meet start-up and commissioning requirements on support domestic and international projects.
- Work with customers across the region to ensure Service resources are deployed to meet our client schedule requirements and deliver against our service contract obligations.
- Build a fully integrated Services team, that can perform effectively in either a proactive or reactive manner as required to meet the needs of the business and the customer, in both systems and hybrid environments.
Cross Function Support:
- Support Service Sales Manager in the pricing of new & renewal Service Agreements.
- Support the Sales and Tendering teams in the development of the Service submission within Project bids.
- Support pricing of site services for start-up and commissioning on domestic and international projects.
- Work with Sales Managers and Technical Sales Consultants to increase opportunity for Services, through demand creation initiatives, embedded (Resident Engineers) and other site-based engineering opportunities.
- Work with Engineering and Project Management to ensure a seamless transition from Project Staging Floor to Customer Site.
- Work with Service colleagues across the Hub to support best practice principles and a strong and consistent Service approach for the NESSA teams.
- Sales support, development of CS business, CS technical proposals.
- Based on market data, customer intimacy, internal relationships, and the knowledge of the CS industry, assist SE Cybersecurity Team in generating new business through existing and new channels.
- Support defining scope and requirements for CS Training.
- Support defining scope and requirements for CS Maintenance Contracts.
- Support CS Solutions Roadmap Management.
Quality & HSE:
- Ensure compliance with all company quality procedures and policies, supporting the Territory Engineering Manager and Quality Manager as requested on Periodic internal and external audits.
- Ensure full compliance with all Schneider Electric Health and Safety Policies.
- Engineers to have and use as appropriate company-provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ensure On-time renewal of all Safety certifications as appropriate.
- Ensure Engineer compliance with Site Risk Assessment Processes and use of Point of work risk assessments.
- Liaise with the Country H&S teams to ensure good relationships and appropriate compliance to business expectations.
- Develop relationships with new customers and maintain existing client relationships.
- Recruitment of new Service resources with the Systems Field Service Team to accommodate changing business needs, Retirement and Leavers as and when applicable, using own resourcing calculations for justifications.
- Ensure Talent Management and Succession Planning process is in place and effective.
- Establish development plans for all team members, including key high potential Talent.
- Ensure full compliance with the Schneider Electric Performance Management Process.
- Support and ensure One Voice action planning and ensure Results and Action Plan status is communicated to the Service Team, taking ownership of actions when required.
- Ensure effective communication within the team through regular team communications and one-2-one meetings.
- Work with Service Managers in the Automation & Telemetry teams to identify and develop cross-skilling opportunities to address geographical coverage, skills gaps and development opportunities.
- Establish Technical Training Plans in place to meet the Operational and Strategic needs of the service business.
Ensuring Key Financial and Operational Performance Metrics & Targets are met:
- Chargeable Utilization
- Cost Centre Under / Over Recovery
- SLA and On-Site Service Revenue (IDIBP)
- SLA and On-Site Services Gross Margin
- Orders Growth (Collective)
- On-Site Service Customer Satisfaction (NPS and NSS)
- Installed Base (Ferret) Compliance
- On-timeme Service delivery (PM, Health checks etc.)
- OneVoice feedback and results
- Performance ratings and appropriate development plans
- BS in Engineering or equivalent / MS preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience within a leading automation project organisation.
- Desire to learn and develop both technical and leadership skills.
- MUST have a high desire to learn new technologies across systems and hybrids and be able to pass on this knowledge and ensure the whole team benefits. MUST have a strong desire to lead and manage resources for the benefit of the service business and take full ownership of field services over time.
- Demonstrable planning skills.
- MUST be able to plan resources and ensure utilisation is kept high whilst also ensuring engineer development meets future goals.
- Excellent and effective communication skills.
- Expected to visit clients and act in the semi-sales role and showcase Schneider-Electric technology and resources.
- MUST actively participate in delivery meetings both in West Africa and across the wider hub.
- Possess the potential to develop a high-performance team, understanding the need for business and commercial decisions to be effectively cascaded.
- Due to large opportunities in the service pipeline its essential that the team is high-performance and ability to deliver service needs to key customers
- Open and supportive personality with a genuine inquisitive nature.
- Willingness to put in the extra effort to ensure continued service success.
- Good technical and commercial decision-making skills.
- Whilst the role is predominantly office based there will be a need for occasional travel and site work as and when needed.
- Experience and capability in CS sales, engineering, documentation, standardization, or training tasks, including developing, evaluating, implementing Security policies and Procedures, Audit and Compliance (both policy and technical). This is desired but not essential
Schneider Electric believes in rewarding and recognizing employees who contribute to the success of the Company. Our rewards programs are designed for employees who are aligned to our strategy, engaged and successfully contributing to the organizational goals. These philosophies, as well as our desire to care for you and your family, form the basis of our Total Rewards offer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online