Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer, CMAM
Job Requisition ID: 2022201114
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- The position will support the collective response in operationalization of the Community-based management of Acute Malnutrition, (CMAM) response strategy for FHI 360 Integrated Humanitarian Assistance for Northeast Nigeria project (IHANN).
- Under the Supervision of the Nutrition Coordinator, he/she will support the nutrition sector to deliver quality and timely CMAM program. The incumbent will work together, guide and lead FHI 360 nutrition staff in CMAM response.
- He/she will identify existing gaps and bottlenecks in CMAM Interventions through surveys and assessments and subsequently support the re-design of specific interventions to improve CMAM service delivery.
- The incumbent will design a comprehensive training plan for all relevant staff at all levels, lead and supervise its implementation. Similarly, He/She will provide technical guidance and management support throughout project’s programming process to facilitate the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable results in accordance to the CMAM national and global guidelines and strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the management of all FHI 360 OTP, community outreach services and provide oversight function to the in-patient therapeutic feeding centers
- Engage in capacity building activities including training and on the job mentorship to team members, including Nutrition staff, CMAM assistants and community nutrition volunteers.
- Conduct regular field visits and joint meetings with government officials to monitor and improve the implementation and service delivery of nutrition programs.
- Ensure effective management, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of integrated Nutrition projects;
- Manage and track FHI 360 nutrition resources (equipment, supplies) committed to nutrition program activities.
- Ensure that nutrition activities are fully integrated into other sectoral interventions and also enhance coordination between sectors.
- Ensure timely requisition and distribution of key nutrition commodities such as RUTF and therapeutic milk.
- Co-lead nutrition surveys such as SQUEAC and SMART survey, assessments, including preparation and submission of survey reports.
- Manage all ATO – Nutrition staff in OTP and the community nutrition volunteers in the areas of jurisdiction to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Support the nutrition coordinator to develop work plans, SOP, budgets, program reports, document findings and lessons learned and prepare success stories in specific technical areas
- Represent FHI 360 at all relevant technical external task forces, working groups, seminars and where possible forge alliances to influence key actors around advocacy objectives.
- Liaise with nutrition team to identify technical support needs of projects and staff, and jointly agree on specific and time-bound support needs of projects and staff in relevant technical areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Nursing, Public Health, or other related fields with 5 years relevant experience. Clinical background is essential.
- Master’s Degree in related field will be an added advantage
- Experience in the implementation of nutrition-related programmes including monitoring and evaluation is essential
- Demonstrated ability to foster partnerships with community and/or Government agencies/organizations and groups
- Strong experience in Networking, Report writing skills
- Strong group facilitation and training skills
- Knowledge of community development, empowerment, and mentoring approaches
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff and working with community members
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children.
- Good oral & written communication skills of both English and local languages will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online