Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Associate, West & Central Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Partnerships Sales
Employment Type: Permanent – Full Time
Reporting To: Business Development Manager, West & Central Africa
What you would be expected to do:
- Lead Generation: Data mine and qualify suitable partners, provide summaries of their businesses and any required business information. With focus on B2B sales
- Pipeline Management: Maintain an active database of qualified leads and provide administrative support to the Business Development team.
- Prospect Meeting: Regularly have physical & virtual meetings with prospects for training, product demo and onboarding across the West & Central Africa region.
- Partner Onboarding: Effectively work with cross functional teams to handle customer requests for effective coordination and onboarding of partners.
- Networking: Regularly network with industry colleagues and associations to help establish the brand in the region.
- Industry Updates: Stay abreast of industry trends, opportunities, and ongoing tenders in the West & Central African region
- Proposals: Create effective client proposals and manage tender applications as required
You might be a strong candidate if you:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree / HND Degree from any higher institution
- Have a minimum working experience of 3- 4 years (post NYSC) in Business Development role
- Fluent (expert level) in French, both written and verbal communication
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent in presentation skills
- Possess Data Mining skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Have ability to solve problems and make critical decision-making
- Planning and Organization skills.
- Ability to Travel.
What we Offer
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits):
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
Deadline: 31st August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Greenlight is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Women represent 47% of Greenlight’s workforce.