The European University of Nigeria (EUN) is a newly established and NUC licensed university located in Abuja (FCT), Nigeria, with a vision to be a foremost globally-recognized institution raising competent individuals capable of responding to economic and technological needs of the society and the environment.
We invite applications from suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor shall be a highly distinguished scholar of the rank of professor
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor shall act in place of the Vice-Chancellor when the office of the Vice-Chancellor is vacant or the Vice-Chancellor is for any reason (including absence from the precincts of the University) unable to perform his function as Vice-Chancellor
- Act in place of the Vice-Chancellor
- Have responsibility for overseeing supporting services and community service including student and staff-oriented services, business services, health, and socio-cultural and religious Services
- Assist the Vice-Chancellor in the major revenue generating drive of the institution and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor
- Must be a person of high academic standing and reputation in his/her respective discipline.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a senior administrative leadership role at the level of dean or above)
- Be morally sound and of unimpeachable probity and integrity
- Be not more than 65 years old
- Have extensive and deep experience in all facets of university administration vi.
- Be a person who commands respect nationally and internationally especially in academic circle.
Conditions of Service
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a term of two years commending on the day on which he is appointed, except he resigns, or is removed and unless so removed, shall be eligible for re-election for a term of two years subject to satisfactory performance evaluation.
Deadline: 2nd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
All applicants are required to comply with the following conditions:
- Each application should be accompanied with a copy of the candidate’s Application Letter, the statement of his/her vision for the university under his/her leadership and current Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated by the candidate.
- The curriculum vitae must indude the candidate’s name in full, age, marital status, educational attainment, nationality, professional and academic achievements and any other relevant information.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees (at least one should be able to testify to the academic standing of the candidate and another to his/her moral character and integrity).
- Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward their reports directly to the email: email@example.com
- Each application must be accompanied by a statement of the candidate’s vision of the university.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for discussion and or interview.