Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client, an international news media company building a respected media brand, across television, mobile, and web. The station is a fast-rising pan-African news media company with the key objective to bring Africa to the world, by telling the true African story from an African perspective, using diversity, creativity, and technology.
They are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below
Job Title: Head of Digital
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- Our clients seek to hire a Head of Digital who shall be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and managing the overall digital marketing strategy.
- In addition, they are responsible for managing, guiding, and training digital marketers, social media managers, and other digital sales positions in the team.
- You will play a pivotal role in growing the News Media’s digital business, customer base, and improving user experience.
- Supervising and leading the digital team.
- Supervising the overall performance of every member of the digital team.
- Constantly making quick and robust decisions.
- Planning, designing, developing, acquiring, and maintaining written content for the Web
- Developing the overall layout and design for online digital content, including text, images and or video.
- Developing and administering usability testing and user research initiatives
- Develop visible content and hidden tags in online digital sites to improve the volume and or quality of traffic to the website from search engines from unpaid search results by analysing traffic and search results.
- Coordinate the development of Web content strategies with other team members and departments.
- Engaging constantly with the output desk team to link the editorial, digital and social content to ensure that the best practices are implemented
- Collaborating with other departments within the organization to ensure consistency across all platforms
- Collaborating with the visual / video team to ensure user interface and user experience support the brand vision.
- Ensuring that the organization’s Web sites provide up to date and comprehensive product service information and news that is easily available to exist customers and subscribers.
- Ensuring that content is aligned with the organization’s overall objectives.
- Ensuring that online content is labelled in the way that best serves users’ needs in finding content and exploring the Website
- Ensures that website content is produced and posted promptly and coordinating copywriting, editing, and graphics design.
- Oversees the management of social media marketing strategy for the channel focusing on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and other social media platforms.
- Advising and training editorial staff on best practices for labelling content
- Enhance social media outlets and opportunities to maintain communication and build a fan base.
- Develop new partnerships to increase traffic.
- Analyse the results of the leading search engines to understand what keywords influence result rankings to optimize traffic to the organization’s online digital sites.
- Track and analyse the channel’s social media performance.
- Conduct competitive analysis studies on competitors including digital footprint analysis.
- Manage the content on the mobile app
- Ensure that the content on the app is aligned with the content on TV & other social media platforms
- Research on ways to increase traffic
- Enhance the app to fasten the uploading process for the users
- Ensure the content on the app is aligned with the organization’s overall objective
- Direct the team for delivering capsules as per schedules
- Contribute ideas for future programming for capsules
- BA / BS in Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Relevant Experience of 8 -14 years
- A combined experience of New channel and Digital world
- The ability to work under constant deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live TV situations and changing events
- Can multi-task under pressure
- Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active strong presence on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Competitive along with other benefits.
Deadline: 30th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.