Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC) is a not-for-profit, non-political, non-religious and Women-led organization with the vision of “a society where women and men, girls and boys realize their full potential and participate in every sphere on an equal basis and where the rights of everyone irrespective of sex are recognized and respected” and the mission of “Promoting gender equality, peace and sustainable development and empowering women & girls”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Ensure that all spaces are in good condition, cleaned and that the basic security standards put in place by GEPaDC for its premises are abided by.
- Ensure that all facilities and equipment rented by GEPADC are used in compliance with the agreement between the owner and GEPADC, in compliance with security and safety standards;
- Managing all contracted services concerning office cleaning, waste disposal, and janitorial supplies needed in the office.
- Ensure offices, guest house and residences have all minimum required material for emergencies such as emergency signs indicators, maintained extinguishers, smoke detectors, alerts, etc.
- Managing relations with utility agencies providing electricity, water, air-conditioning maintenance services. Assessing the quality of services and sharing analysis with the Administration Manager. Ensure that all related bills are paid on time and that all related contracts are renewed on time.
- Ensure that all furniture and non-IT equipment used by GEPADC are in good condition, organizing repair and maintenance and being in charge of doing the furniture and non-IT equipment replacement plan in collaboration with the Logistics Department.
- Managing the relations with Finance & Logistics on annual insurance cover for office furniture and fittings.
- Ensure that the office and guest house are well maintained. When repair is needed, initiate the repair requests, once the service provider is chosen, manage the whole process up to the final payment of the invoice.
- Support availability and suitability of options for new premises (i.e. office and homes for international staff), initiate the request, when the choice is done, ensure all required approval in compliance with GEPADC policy are in files, drafting the contract using the approved template. Once the contract is signed by both parties, managing the relations with the landlord.
- After consulting Senior Managers and Project Managers, planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources of the office. Produce the monthly space allocation report before the 5th of the next month to submit Administration Manager.
- Liaise with Relevant Admin staff to facilitate compliance with Government of Nigeria Immigration requirements for GEPADC/Nigeria International staff and families.
- Ensure that the Country Office is covered by a Host Country Agreement. Informing the Administration Coordinator for starting new negotiations.
- Ensure that all required reports by the Government in the application of the Country Host Agreement are prepared, accurate, and submitted to the Government on time. GEPADC annual plan should be submitted to the Government before the end of January, the mid-annual report submitted before the end of June, and the final annual report by the end of December, according to the host agreement signed with the Office of Budget & National Planning Commission.
- In Collaboration with the Admin Coordinator, facilitate a joint annual evaluation and monitoring of GEPADC activities by the Government through the National Planning Commission and coordinate all efforts to respond to the Government operation queries.
- Candidates should possess an HND, BA or MBA qualification with at least 1 year work experience.
Deadline: 11th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply