Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC) is a not-for-profit, non-political, non-religious and Women led organization with the vision of “a society where women and men, girls and boys realize their full potential and participate in every sphere on an equal basis and where the rights of everyone irrespective of sex are recognized and respected” and the mission of promoting gender equality, peace and sustainable development and empowering women & girls.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Officer
Locations: Biu,Damboa and Hawul, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Reports to: Education Project Coordinator
- The Project Officer Education will be responsible for the day to day implementation of GPE project activities in the respective State in the northeast Nigeria.
- The Education Officer provides both operations and technical assistance relating to Education in Emergencies project.
- The job holder provides coordination and engagement with relevant Education stakeholders including; SUBEBs, Local education Authorities (LEAs), State Ministries of Education and other relevant State Ministries.
- The job holder will also be working closely with community leaders, religious leaders as well as community member.
- Contribute to assessments (baseline, needs, market)
- Ensure accurate project documentation, including a collection of monitoring data and tracking of progress on output indicators; utilize data to contribute to reports as requested by management
- Facilitate relationships with communities and community leaders to ensure buy-in and Do No Harm
- Supervise and manage the teachers, including facilitation of teacher training
- Provide support on youth/adolescent programming, including, life skills, basic literacy/numeracy, and alternative / accelerated education
- Support identification of needs, and development and facilitation of training programmes for teachers, PTAs, SBMCs
- Facilitate recruitment of volunteer teachers and learning facilitators in the project
- Contribute to proposal and strategy development through input on needs/gaps
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
- Candidates should possess a B.Ed, B.Sc or PGDE qualification with a minimum of 1 year experience.
Deadline: 11th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online