Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: AVP / Senior Analyst
Job Req ID: 22521616
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Job Category Risk Management
Job Family Group: Risk Management
Job Family: Credit & Portfolio Risk Management
- To identify, analyze, dimension and manage the key risks facing the bank (primarily credit risks) for standard credits, complex credits including FI’s, syndicated loans and other complex transactions with key objective of minimizing financial losses.
- Provide leadership and training to junior analyst/analyst.
- In view of the need to preserve as well as to maximize shareholders wealth, particularly in a dynamic environment like the Nigeria, it is imperative to have a strong risk management framework adequately staffed with the perquisite risk skill to ensure a health and vibrant risk asset portfolio.
- Collaborating with the Business Heads, as necessary, on an ongoing basis on credit and process related issues.
- Providing training support to junior analysts/RM’s.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of the country’s business and risk strategy.
- Co-ordinating the annual ICAAP process with Finance, for the countries that have cut-over to ICAAP in the cluster.
- Timely and good quality initial, interim and annual credit reviews which comply with institutional and regulatory guidelines.
- Acting as the anchor resource in the preparation of adhoc reports as required by external seniors and other global reporting units.
- Analysis of complex transactions, customers and industries including FIs, syndications, acquisitions and other Corporate Finance/Treasury initiatives; giving knowledgeable policy guidance on same.
- Conducting industry credit reviews (ICRs) and Target Market studies
- Obtaining the required credit approvals and ensuring approvals are current
- Early problem recognition, monitoring identified risk triggers and raising credit red flags
- Ensuring the implementation of agreed action steps identified to address credit issues (including issues raised by credit reviewers, Internal Audit, regulators etc)
- Maintaining customer inter-face and developing industry contacts; regular credit calls on customers
- Monitoring events in the local and global environment; understanding of impact on bank’s credit assets
- Undertake special tasks assigned by CRM
- Prepare stress tests and rapid portfolio reviews.
- Acting as the back-up to the Country Risk Manager with respect to credit reviews and approvals.
- Coordinate risk trainings of the junior analysts and relationship managers on an ongoing basis.
- University Degree, Master’s Degree or Professional qualification
- Post graduate Degree or professional Accounting certification is an added advantage
Knowledge / Experience:
- Basic training in business accounting and finance
- Attendance of Basic Credit and Intermediate Credit
- Knowledge of institutional and regulatory credit policies
- Industry Knowledge
- Product Knowledge (including Cash Management, Trade, Treasury & Corporate Finance).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online