RMB Private Bank is a division of FirstRand Bank Limited, a fully integrated financial services group in South Africa, distinguished by our traditional values and innovative ideas. We have adapted investment banking solutions to suit your personal financial needs and this, together with an entrepreneurial approach, attracts like-minded, discerning clients. One of our key focus areas is Wealth and Legacy Management. Based on an in-depth understanding of your aspirations and needs, we create solid financial plans that help you to enjoy, manage, protect and grow your wealth for future generations.
Our ability to deliver on our objectives is directly attributable to our people, and our search for top talent is a priority. In return, we provide a challenging, fast paced environment with the opportunity for growth and development. RMB Private Bank offers a range of services including Portfolio Management, Trust and Fiduciary Services, Wealth Management and Transactional Banking for the discerning client to leave a legacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Equity Research Analyst – RMB Nigeria Stockbrokers
Employment Type: Full-time
- To provide insight and thorough analysis of a company, entity or sector and present this information in a way that is easily understood and usable by investors to decide how to allocate funds.
- The role requires the candidate to provide equity research coverage for the assigned sector(s) in the Nigerian and other sub-Sahara African equity markets as well as offer investment recommendations to investors in these markets, with the aim of ensuring that the assigned sector research coverage is a leading franchise with investors.
- Build and maintain financial and valuation models of companies in the FMCG sector across the African markets.
- Initiate research coverage on FMCG and any other assigned sectors, producing insightful research reports, regular maintenance research as well as thematic research reports.
- Maintain and build industry database for the sector under coverage.
- Provide in-depth analysis of equities covered to domestic investors and foreign institutional portfolio managers to aid investment decisions.
- Write call notes and present investment recommendations, background and breaking information on covered companies to the equity sales team in order to drive trades.
- Prepare presentations for internal and external use such as for daily market analysis and road shows, as well as teach-ins.
- Commit to a dry-run presentation with teammates and other approved personnel before embarking on a road show.
- Manage non-deal roadshow meetings with covered companies and investors.
- Attend investor conferences and be involved in planning RMB’s business and investors’ conferences and participate in corporate earnings calls of covered companies.
- Have and maintain a good relationship with senior-level executives of sectors being covered or considered for coverage to provide corporate access to RMB’s clients.
- Assist the Head of Research in any other role towards achieving departmental as well as organizational goals.
- Provide inputs in the preparation of the RMBNS monthly trade ideas (stock picks) report.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc in relevant fields. A CFA (completed or in-view), MBA or MSc in Finance could be an added advantage.
- 3 – 6 years experience working as a sell-side analyst in a reputable brokerage firm in Africa.
- Must have a valid travel passport and must not have restrictions on travel to countries globally.
Competencies / Skill:
- Self-starter, ready to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and has an open mind.
- Very confident and must possess excellent communication skills as the position involves regular calls and face-to-face interactions with portfolio managers/investment analysts.
- Strong working relationship with domestic and foreign institutional investors.
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office tools – Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft, etc.
- Good understanding of financial statement analysis as well as financial and valuation modelling.
- An excellent understanding of the securities markets – understanding how trends in other asset classes impact equities and vice versa.
- Highly analytical in thoughts and approach to data and report writing.
- Ability to interpret data in a meaningful manner and approach that offers clear information regarding investment choices.
- A good understanding of research compliance, ethics and engagement between the public and private sides of the business is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online