The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), the United Nations Office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We seek applications from qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Akwa Ibom
Report Line: Director of Finance & Operations
- The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States.
- Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
- Coordinate annual budget preparations and compliance and ensure that project budgets are reviewed at least quarterly.
- Work with the State Director on periodic preparation of Financial Statements and ensure completion of project financials on monthly basis.
- Conduct monthly budget/actual analysis to give feedback to State Director every month; prepare and submission of donor specific monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Review staff and vendor payments to ensure error free transactions and respond to all audit issues related to project financials. Review all transactions posted into donor project books and make corrections where necessary before they are posted for consolidation
- Must possess a First Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or Finance.
- Must possess a Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Admin or Finance with a professional certification of ICAN or ACCA
- Must possess minimum ten (10) years post NYSC working experience with at least seven (7) years of experience in a bi-lateral or multi lateral agency financed project in the Nigeria (or an African nation)
- Knowledge and expertise in the field of project preparation, commercial negotiations, financial management, internal controls/systems development, accounting, auditing and reporting
- Must be proficient in all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent financial standards, rules and regulations relating to good financial management
- Ability to solve problems, exercising good judgement will be an asset.
We have a competitive compensation package.
Deadline: 30th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Human Resources Unit” via: email@example.com
- Application must explicitly state your full names with the position and location applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)