Ave Maria is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks that will provide financial services such as loans and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector to create wealth through ethical and innovative financial services delivery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control and Compliance Officer
Location: Iwere-Ile, Iwajowa LGA, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure compliance on report rendition to regulatory bodies monthly.
- Ensure compliance with the bank with rules, policies, and regulations daily.
- Reconciliation of correspondent bank accounts to ensure transactions are not outstanding beyond 2 weeks and bringing the exercise up to date monthly.
- Review of the statutory returns to regulatory authorities and government agencies to ensure accuracy and timely rendition monthly.
- Customers’ visitation for random deposit verification weekly.
- Review the accuracy and reliability of financial transaction records – cash deposits, cash withdrawals, treasury bills investments, fixed deposits, and funds transfer daily.
- Engage in loan recovery and reconcile customers’ loan accounts for closure when the need arises.
- Involvement in the thorough review of the bank’s accounting software for efficiency daily.
- Review credit or loan files for compliance daily.
- Review accounting records to ensure proper compliance with the company’s policies daily.
- Review and recommend changes to some of the company’s policies to ensure adequate control daily.
- Conduct cash counts of vaults daily.
- Reviewed customers’ account opening documents for compliance with Know Your Customer (“KYC”) policy and anti-money laundering requirements daily.
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s policies and conduct daily, weekly and monthly General Ledger (GL) reviews for reconciliation.
- Handle customer complaints (Fraud, disservice, etc). When the need arises.
- Review expenses & payments. Daily
- Conduct sweep exercises and spot exercises for tellers and account officers.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Candidate must have at 3-5years of Microfinance Bank experience in internal control.
- A minimum of HND or B.Sc certification will be an added advantage.
Benefits / Packages
We offer a competitive remuneration package and opportunity for career and personal development.
Deadline: 30th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and the preferred branch as the subject of the email.
Selection / Interview
- Please note that the shortlisted candidate(s) will be invited for an interview via SMS and Telephone Call(s).