Ikore International Development Limited (Ikore) is an international development organization, proffering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places and vulnerable communities torn apart by instability across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities. In the Agricultural Sector, we facilitate inclusive market growth by deploying strategies that promote value chain competitiveness and build resilient communities, ensuring bumper harvest for rural poor farmers in those communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Lead / Manager
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Project Overview and Role
- Our very dynamic and innovative workforce/people have experience working in different value chains across Nigeria and Africa. Our people work collectively with host communities to design home-grown solutions that improve the livelihood and resilience of the communities.
- Ikore is seeking individuals with experience or expertise in the following fields to drive the Programme interventions and impact in targeted sectors:
- Agronomists, with experience in sales and extension services
- Business Consulting
- Marketing experts with experience in developing rural markets for FMCGs and non-FMCGs
- Agricultural Engineers and Environmental Specialists
- Project Management
- The Program lead/Manager is to provide direction and management to the technical work, determining the overall direction and delivery of the projects, by collaborating and coordinating with the Project Director.
- The Intervention Manager will also be responsible for providing direction, in association with the core specialists, the Results Measurement team, and identified team.
- The project manager will also have responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Projects objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The person will provide management support and associated activities by ensuring progress and achievements which contribute to wider Projects milestones.
- The project manager will track and document all relevant information (to agreed formats where applicable), and disseminate it to relevant internal and external audiences in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Provide overall direction for identified projects and activities as assigned;
- Ensure adequate understanding of field-level issues and provide the required support to the inter-linkages of activities;
- As part of the required wider monitoring and quality assurance, ensure all projects guides and associated documents and resulting outputs are adequately documented;
- Identify new projects with the aim of contributing to the overall project’s strategy; liaise with other project managers/ leads on potential markets and design effective implementation strategies for approved projects ensuring that they meet all donor and projects requirements;
- Manage all related value chain analysis ensuring study designs, contracting, and implementation are done in accordance to set standards and in consultation with senior management, the Results Measurement team, and the Support team; with the Project Leads reviewing the development of the final project opportunity reports as well as all other weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
- Drive the stakeholder analysis of the selected commodity chains, as well as identify and contact potential agents of change within agreed value chains;
- Oversee the implementation of all projects ensuring that initiative is taken within each project and setting work plans for the project;
- Ensure that all project design follows the agreed process and reporting developed by the Project. This complies with agreed reporting and is aligned with the defined protocols;
- Coordinate all administrative aspects of partnerships including but not limited to grants, collaboration agreements, and other contractual mechanisms.
- A Degree in Engineering, Project Manager, Social Sciences, Business Development, (Agric) Economics, Agronomy or Development Studies or relevant field
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Strong project management expertise, exposure to implementing technical assistance projects, and ability to bring together sector stakeholders is an added advantages
- Experience in market development activities in post-conflict environments is a plus
- Project Management Professional Certification is an added advantage
- Work experience in activities related to value chain development, private sector development, capacity building, gender and youth development, rural entrepreneurship, and climate-smart agriculture and confirmed knowledge of the institutions and organizations that provide services to the agricultural sector in Nigeria
- Experience leading a small team that requires a coordination function
- Experience in business development with a focus on value chain development, private sector development, capacity building, gender and youth development, rural entrepreneurship, and climate-smart agriculture
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties
- Ability to influence a range of people including client organizations, government agencies, and other key stakeholders by building constructive relationships through clear communication and generating effective discussion and mutual support for plans and ideas
- Experience in developing and supporting the delivery of simple business plans in complex market chains
- Fluent in verbal and written communication in English
- Ability to speak Hausa is an added advantage
Deadline: 7th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as one document (PDF or Word) with complete Contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications will be reviewed, and online interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates before finalists are invited for on-site interviews.