The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), the United Nations Office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We seek applications from qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor, TB / HIV
Location: Akwa Ibom
Report Line: Deputy Cheif of Party
- The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States.
- Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
- Provide technical leadership in the delivery of TB, TB-HIV and other integrated medical services like cervical cancer screening at ACE supported sites.
- Develop or review guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of management and clinical monitoring in the field of TB, contribute to the documentation of lessons learned from interventions related to the management of diseases in the field of TB
- Provide technical leadership in the implementation of high-quality care and support activities with a primary focus on tuberculosis control and treatment as well as all issues surrounding TBHIV con-infection.
- Provide strategies and approaches, related to the implementation of collaborative activities at the State level, coordinates the design and implementation of components related to the tuberculosis programs and TBHIV collaborative activities in all ACE supported states
- MBBS / MD / PHD or similar Degree with 7 to 9 years post national youth service experience with a minimum of 5 years progressive experience in care treatment and support for HIV/AIDS, malaria, cardiovascular diseases and Tuberculosis in resource-constrained settings
- Master’s in Public Heath Or MPH or MS/ MA in relevant Degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-lver or state/national level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health intiatives
- Or BS / BA in Statistics, Pharmacy Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant Degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience in project level or state/national level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives
- Experience in project development with proven experience in planning and facilitation of training is required
- Familiarity with the Nigerian public sector health system, donor agencies, NGOs and CBOs are also required
- Experience of USAID policies, regulations and procedures
- Proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills
We have a competitive compensation package.
Deadline: 30th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Human Resources Unit” via: email@example.com
- Application must explicitly state your full names with the position and location applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)