Hartleys Supermarket and Stores – The place of choice for a wide variety of fresh meats and produce and other quality groceries. Here at Hartleys, we are driven by a lifelong commitment to delivering healthy food selections at affordable prices in a refreshingly clean and organized shopping environment. We remain true to our tagline “smiles in every aisle” because for us, it is personal. That’s why we go above and beyond to offer quality products and outstanding service to the people who matter most – you, our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Manage the purchase of frozen, fresh and dry items
- Ensure goods purchased are in accordance with specified requirements and match given specifications.
- Advise on methods to improve receiving, storing, inventory and distributing materials and supplies; and maintain stock control records.
- Verify quantities of goods delivered, inspect for damage; and sign delivery tags
- Warehousing and inventory control
- Prepare and maintain records concerning the receipt and issuance of materials
- Asset management
- Confer with user departments and provide cost information for budgeting purposes
- Negotiate favorable terms for purchase, e.g. discounts and credit, and follow up with the Finance Department to ensure that payments are made to the suppliers promptly.
- Ensure goods purchased are delivered to the appropriate location and/or person(s) in a timely manner, providing continuous feedback to the Procurement and Logistics Manager
- Receive delivery of materials into the store
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc. in relevant field.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant procurement experience specifically in Fresh, Frozen and Dry items.
- Excellent sourcing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of established storekeeping procedures, including receiving, storing, and issuing materials and supplies, and of standard inventory methods and techniques.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office suites.
- Ability to maintain a computer inventory control system and analyze pertinent factors such as usage patterns, stock availability, shelf life related to stocking minimum and maximum levels.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proximity to the job location (Adeola Odeku, Victoria Island, Lagos) is preferred.
How to Apply
Intereted and qualified candiates should:
Click here to apply online