The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanic
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-months renewable contract)
- Repair tractor and irrigation pump engines.
- Repair and service implements, and maintain tractors and irrigation engines.
- Perform any other related-task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- O’Level or Trade Test, with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skill.
- Have ability to work with little or no supervision.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 18th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.