The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
ECEWS under the Global Fund National Alignment for HIV Impact is recruiting qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer / Zonal Team Lead
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting & Supervision
- The position reports to the Deputy Project Director/ Technical Lead.
- The position has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Project Director/ Program Management Lead.
- The position regularly interacts with leads of all program management units like Finance, HR, PSM, Laboratory, Logistics, KP, M&E and Admin as well.
Overall Job Function
- Incumbent is the STO PCT and will be responsible for coordinating staff program activities in meeting program objectives, drawing plans and overseeing the implementation of the TB/HIV prevention, care and Treatment service delivery in line with the GF, GON and M&E national plans on TB/HIV prevention, care and Treatment in Ebonyi States as well as Edo, Imo, Enugu One Stop Shops.
- The incumbent will produce monthly, quarterly, semester and annual program reports based on agreed indicators that will guide decision making and program implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Incumbent will be responsible for providing support in developing and managing health programs that maximize development results and impact, coordinating and managing the technical services essential to the functioning and effective implementation of all programmatic activities across the 4 states in either zones, ensure that the systems (people, policies, processes and tools) that are necessary to play those roles exist and are fully operational, Providing technical assistance to supported facilities in establishing protocols for HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment and other health services that are consistent with national guidelines.
- Serves as a resource to the organization in the evaluation of ongoing programs and in subsequent development of new and/or expanded programs for the care and treatment of HIV/AIDS and other health interventions.
- Provide direct supervision to service delivery specialists including TB/HIV/AIDS Clinical/ Technical Officers, Prevention Program Officers, all Laboratory activities, Pharmaceutical logistics in all ART, TB/HIV PMTCT/KP technical activities geared at TB/HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment in supported states.
- Provides direct technical assistance, as directed by the Deputy Project Director/ Technical Lead to supported health care facilities; such assistance might include training of staff, information system development/improvement, facilitation of community linkages, patient flow analysis, improvement of adherence support systems, development or improvement of referral systems.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Program staff, working closely with the HQ program management units such as finance, HR, Admin and PSM units for the position, key measures of success are the achievement of the projects conducted by Clinical Specialists, as well as growth supported through the expansion of program portfolio.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Degree in Medicine, Public Health or a related field; or a Master’s degree or equivalent in public health or related fields will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years’ post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support function 3 – 5 years of which must be within an international NGO
- Knowledge of the policies, regulations, reporting formats, and cultures of principal donors, including Global Fund, USAID, EC, DFID, CDC/PEPFAR, and others
- Extensive clinical experience in care and treatment of HIV/AIDS patients
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit sector in a program management role
- Ability to lead teams and promote cross learning
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion committing to a course of action without undue delay or prevarication
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
Deadline: 21st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word Document explaining suitability for the position to the Human Resources Unit through: firstname.lastname@example.org using their Full Names, Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.