The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
Location: Maiduguri Borno
Job Category: Donor relations
Schedule Full time
Duty Station: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Grade 5 in NRC’s grading structure
Reporting line: Grants Coordinator, Nigeria
- We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee.
- If you are those people, the Norwegian Refugee Council in Nigeria is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Grants Coordinator to join our Grant Team in Maiduguri.
- The purpose of the Grants Officer position is to provide essential grant management support to Grants Coordinator and Manager in delivering quality programs in line with the NRC Country Office strategy and Plan of Action..
- To be successful in this role you will be a confident communicator with excellent relationship building skills, capable of establishing strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels while supporting new initiatives and learning projects across the country.
- If you are highly organized individual, comfortable with working in a remote environment and have previous experience of grant management, we would love to hear from you!
- Assists in the process of compiling reports (donors and internal reports) in close collaboration with Grants Coordinator and Manager, Core Competency Specialists, Programme and M&E teams, and Finance to ensure accurate, transparent and timely delivery of narrative and financial documents for allocated projects.
- Work with the Grants Manger/Coordinator to develop concept notes and donor proposals and participate in writing them in close cooperation with relevant departments in NRC Nigeria.
- Support in the development of generic concept notes, briefing notes and SITREPS to be used in donor meetings and visits.
- Support in the development and implementation of grants-related trainings, including proposal and report writing
- Support in the maintenance of an accessible and well-organized filing system for storing all grant-specific files for all of NRC’s past and active grants.
- Support the Grants Intern to ensure correct and up-to-date maintenance of Grants Tracker/Filling Tree.
- Support in ensuring all documentation required is ready and available for audits
We are Looking for
- Relevant University Degree or Higher education
- 1-2 years of relevant experience within field of expertise
- Relevant experience with grants management in the humanitarian sector
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors
- Basic understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Above average computer skills, with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Deadline: 28th November, 2022 (10:00 AM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online