Primera MFBank, your partner for growth, is a fully licensed technology-driven finance platform that offers financial solutions to businesses and individuals. Anchored by a strong balance sheet and an experienced, hands-on management team, we enhance financial inclusion by offering suite of financial services to meet the needs of clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Credit Risk Underwriting
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Risk Officer
- Ensure 100% compliance with the Bank’s Credit Policies and Procedures.
- Digitize and automate credit risk underwriting and processing flows.
- Ensure Team CAP analyzes credit requests and identifies inherent risks with adequate responses to aid quality decision-making.
- Ensure loans sent to CAP are processed within the agreed TAT.
- Maintain professional working relationships with internal customers.
- Contact liaison with the Sales team to ensure conformity with credit policy.
- Ensure credit checks on all credit customers are conducted before approval.
- Ensure Monthly reporting of the performance of loan customers to the Credit Bureaus.
- Assist in product / policy development geared towards managing inherent credit risks in the Bank’s products.
- Attend MCC Meetings
- B.Sc. in Accounting, Finance, Management or related field.
- MSc. / MBA
- Professional qualification in Credit Risk Management is mandatory.
Required Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Experience and exposure in digitizing and automating credit risk underwriting and processing flow in the financial services industry.
- 7-10 years cognate experience in core credit risk management, credit underwriting and processing in the financial services or FINTECH space, with at least 3 years experience at the management level.
- Excellent experience in leading a diverse team of credit risk analysts for Personal Banking and SME lending.
- Certified in Agile methodologies.
- Advanced-Data Analytics and Reporting skills (SQL, Power BI, Decision science).
- Excellent Engagement and Communication Skills.
- Consummate team player with a collaborative approach to working with colleagues, horizontally and vertically.
- Very open-minded and comfortable with driving change.
Deadline: 21st February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online