Husk is one of the world’s leading rural energy providers. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities in every village is at the heart of everything we do.
We design, build and operate the lowest cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 15,000 homes and business, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Our aim is to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2025, and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year.
We are recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Collections Specialist
Location: Lafia, Nasarawa
Job type: Full time
- We are seeking a Collections Specialist to join the growing team in Nigeria. We are looking for a competent Collection Specialist to contact clients and collect outstanding payments.
- You will strike a balance between maintaining trustful relationships, and ensuring timely payments.
- You will be the key person owning the recollection portfolio and deliver on targets of on-time and accurate collections.
- The Collection Specialist will work with the EED business to ensure that repayments are done in a timely manner. Our Collection Specialist should exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness.
- You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as an ability to work independently. This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in many countries in Asia and Africa, including India, Tanzania, Nigeria etc.
- Repayments and Collections Management
- Monitoring accounts to identify overdue payments
- Finding and contacting debtors to arrange debt payoffs
- Keeping accurate records and reporting on collection activity
- Notifying customers whose payments are due.
- Proactively notifying customers ahead of their due payment date
- Sharing weekly and monthly collections report with the Head of EED business
- Collections Management and AdministrationDesign and implement SOP to maximise collections
- Maintain and continuously update customer data on outstanding, overdue and delinquent accounts
- Work with sales, CRM and accounts to maintain multi-touch approach to collection
- Design and implement incentive campaigns and other strategies to improve collections
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Investigate historical data for each debt
- Find and contact clients to ask about their overdue payments
- Take actions to encourage timely debt payments
- Take ownership of the collection’s agents
- Update account status records and collection efforts
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status
- Implement communication channels such as automated SMSs and phone calls to improve collection
- Ensure Husk’s customer first principles are followed while dealing with customers
Does this sound like you?
- Graduate from a leading institution with a related Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or Sciences. Post-graduate degree and/or related professional qualifications from relevant bodies; a plus.
- 2 years plus experience in collections and credit management preferably in the field of Renewable Energy (Solar/ Biomass)
- Experience renewable energy and managing customer relationship
- A clearly defined strategic thought process and a continuous improvement mindset with excellent problem-solving skills
- This position requires a warm and friendly character, critical thinking and the ability to provide solutions to the benefit of the company, and projects.
- Previously worked in a contact center
- Lead by example and offer support/co-ordination to company workflow.
- Operationally focused; detailed oriented but able to grasp big picture
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Business level fluency in major Nigerian languages, a plus
- Dependability, attention to detail, cooperation, stress tolerance, concern for others, initiative, leadership, self-control, and independence are the desired pre-requisites.
General Skills & Attributes:
- Proven experience as a Collection Specialist or similar role (must have been in a customer facing role in the past)
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Comfortable working with targets
- Comfortable working with and managing p eers
- Patience and ability to manage stress.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Skilled in negotiation
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work within a fast-paced environment
- The ability to evaluate and convey complex information to others in an effective manner through concise communication skills and clear presentation skills in both verbal and written contexts.
- Should possess requisite skill sets- active listening, speaking, reading, comprehension, critical thinking, performance monitoring, time management, people management, material resource management, judgment and decision making, teaching, coaching, and social awareness.
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Could work in outdoor weather conditions at certain times
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions; and determine accuracy of the work assigned
- Ability to work in rural, peri-urban locations as required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.