Vesa Fisheries Enterprises is one of the leading importers and distributors of frozen fish in Nigeria. We are a frontline player involved in the sales and marketing of frozen foods and other products. Vesa Fisheries has been serving the Nigerian economy for over 30 years, providing imported fresh and affordable frozen seafood to the Nigerian populace reaching out through our 3 branches in Lagos, Benin and Port Harcourt, thus creating value to customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
The IT Officer will be responsible for:
- To manage the information technology and computer systems in the organization.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Running regular checks on network and data security.
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation.
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with Management.
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages.
- Install hardware and peripheral components.
- Administer email and anti-virus systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve user issues relative to all corporate software in a timely manner.
- Participate in all hardware and software evaluations and maintain vendor contracts.
- Selecting and purchasing appropriate hardware and software.
- Ensuring software licensing laws are followed and keep up to date with new technology.Any other job as assigned by the Managing Director
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should possess a Degree in any IT Related course.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience as an IT Officer.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Prioritizing and time management skills
- Possess strong organizational and verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong technical skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Data Center Management
N200,000 and above / Month.
Deadline: 3rd May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “IT Officer – Lagos” as the subject of the email.