African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant to Support the Delivery of SEFA Project Completion Reports – PERN (EOI)
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Consultant type: Individual Consultant
Duration of Services: 6 months,
Estimated Starting Date: July 2023
Job Family: Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
Brief Description of the Assignment
- The African Development Bank (the Bank) invites eligible consultants to indicate their Interest in providing services under the Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa (SEFA) to support the Bank and its clients in the delivery of SEFA Project Completion Reports.
- SEFA was established in 2011 in partnership with the government of Denmark and has since received contributions from the governments of the United States, United Kingdom, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Germany and the Nordic Development Fund.
- The first funding cycle (SEFA 1.0) spans eight years between January 2012 to December 2019 and delivered funding to 69 projects in 30 countries for a total approved amount of US$ 84.2 million. The approved funding splits between US$ 45 million for 49 Technical Assistance (TA) projects and US$ 39.2 million in investment capital for 20 projects under the African Renewable Energy Fund (AREF).
- SEFA 1.0 provided support to small and mediumscale private sector projects within the renewable energy and energy efficiency sectors in Africa to contribute to the bankability of projects (e.g. feasibility work, financial advisory, legal support,
- programme design, capacity development, etc.) and enable sponsors to leverage financing for successful implementation.
- SEFA 1.0 also provided enabling environment grants to African governments with the aim of improving the regulatory and policy framework, as well as capacity building and feasibility work for tenders/auctions in favour of investments in sustainable energy, including for the promotion of mini-grids in Africa.
- The consultant will be responsible for identifying and systematically synthesizing evidence from various sources and conducting/producing the simplified project completion reports for SEFA Legacy portfolio as per Bank guidelines and template.
- The services to be provided under the assignment include:
- Gathering the required information on project activities, outputs and impacts;
- Liaising with both internal sources (Bank staff and documents) and external sources (project sponsors and beneficiaries) to document insights, lessons, recommendations, stories, etc;
- Drafting the reports and processing for final approval, incorporating inputs based on internally on reviews from Bank colleagues;
- Prepare one-page project summaries for publication as well as dissemination in social media.
Deadline: 2nd June, 2023 (23:59 hours GMT).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expressions of Interest for the attention of Mr. Joao Duarte CUNHA, Division Manager PERN3/SEFA, Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Department via: email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org specifically mentioning “Support the delivery of SEFA Project
Completion Reports – Your name”.
Click here for more information
- Interested Consultants shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to undertake this assignment (documents, reference to similar services, CVs, experience in similar assignments, etc.).
- The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedure shall be in conformity with the Bank’s Rules and Procedure for the Use of Consultants.
- Interest expressed by a Consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include him/her in the shortlist.
- The duration of services is 6 months, and the estimate starting date is July 2023.
- Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address above during the Bank’s working hours. For the EOI to be considered, the consultant needs to be registered in the AfDB DACON Consultant Database
- A shortlist of three to six individual consultants will be established at the end of the request of expressions of interest.
- The consultants on the shortlist will be judged on the following criteria:
- Level of education in general 20%
- Educational level compared to the field of mission 20%
- Years of experience in general 20%
- Number of years of experience relevant to the mission 40%.
Leave a Reply