Skool Media is an organization poised to transform the process of teaching and learning in schools, homes, and communities such that children, youths and adults can attain global competitiveness. As part of our commitment to transform the quality and standard of education in Nigeria, Skool Media continues to invest in the Nigerian education sector through infrastructure support and upgrade, capacity building, and provision of stimulating learning spaces that support innovation and creativity.
As at March 2021, we have, in partnership with the Federal Ministry of Education, set up over 100 Students Technology Experience Centers and 11 Teachers Digital Literacy Training Centers across the 6 geopolitical zones. Our organization has installed over 900 projectors and 3000 laptops in over 100 Federal Unity Colleges in Nigeria, and continually empower teaching, non-teaching and management staff of public schools with relevant digital and soft skills to improve the quality of teaching and learning in schools, and also raise the standard of education.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensures compliance with established Bank policies and procedures, supporting the Fraud Risk- Management Integrated Framework as well as identifying and reducing all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
- In line with the objectives of the internal audit & risk management function, the candidate will help the business identify, measure, and manage risks as effectively as possible.
- Support the evaluation of internal controls over assigned audit areas and in line with global compliance review programs, to ensure compliance with the firm’s policies and identify any non-compliance for reporting.
- Conduct Risk Assessment to identify material risk, prioritize risk, recommend risk mitigation Plans, and agree with the management on the plan of action.
- Prepare risk-based Internal Audit Plan and business standard operating procedures /policies.
- Conduct a continuous review of all reconciliations, payments, and other regular activities and help in maintaining the proper documentation for further compliance reviews.
- Helps in coordinating external and other regulatory compliance reviews.
- Maintain relationships with a number of internal business stakeholders to understand the business.
- Conduct business process reviews so as to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over the business cycles.
- Conduct business process reviews to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Conduct reviews to assess the accuracy of the financial statement.
- Support management in designing and developing documentation for strengthening controls.
- Prepare reports based on audit results and present internal audit reports to seniors.
- Prepare Internal Audit presentation for closing meetings to make presentations as needed.
- Promote the highest standards of ethics and standardsacross the organization
- Provide continuous review to all department staff and help them with control inputs in performance and development in line with the Organization’s goals, objectives, and policies.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, and Business Administration.
- 5 – 10 years of working experienceas an Internal Auditor.
- Experience in one or more of the following: management, legal compliance, accounting, and auditing.
- ACA/ACCA, CFA, CPA, or other relevant qualifications with Proven skills and experiences are required.
- Solid understanding and experience with internal control frameworks.
- Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail
- Experience in self-managing audits with minimal guidance.
- Good communication and report-writing skills.
Skills / Competencies:
- Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and compliance with norms
- Good communication and presentation skills
- People & Relationship Management and team player
- Conflict Management & resolution skills
- IA framework, tools, and techniques
Deadline: 30th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Leave a Reply