Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client is a world-class Healthcare facility providing an integrated healthcare delivery platform in emerging markets. They are currently investing in Africa and Asia through a buy & build strategy of healthcare assets. The platform will consist of hospitals, clinics, and diagnostics centers across the African and Asian Continents. They plan to deliver impact through improved access, quality, and affordability of healthcare and by focusing on the investment in human capital development in the communities they serve.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sonologist
Location: Lekki Phase I, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- Our client is looking for a dedicated Sonologist to assist our client hospital with patients at their facility.
- Ultimately, you will have a compassionate nature, be knowledgeable about health care practices and provide exceptional customer service to assist patients in handling their illness.
- Explaining sonographic procedures to patients, answering questions, preparing patients by applying gel to their skin, and positioning patients on the table
- Assuring clear images for diagnostic purposes and adjusting sonographic equipment as needed.
- Choosing the appropriate settings and adjusting the positions of the patients accordingly.
- Monitoring and caring for patients during procedures to ensure their safety and comfort.
- Preliminary findings are used to select and examine images, look for differences between healthy and pathological areas, and determine if the scope of the exam should be expanded.
- The sonograms and preliminary findings are presented to the physicians.
- Completing necessary documentation and keeping patients’ histories and medical records.
- Assisting doctors and medical teams during invasive procedures.
- Sonographic equipment maintenance and cleaning
- Performing medical procedures such as oxygen administration, vital sign monitoring, and emergency treatment.
- Referrals for medical imaging are accepted.
- Determines appropriate equipment to use and selects appropriate equipment settings to provide medical practitioners with diagnostic information
- Calculates procedure details such as exposure length and intensity, as well as recording equipment settings.
- Patients explained procedures and their questions about processes are answered.
- Ensures the patient’s safety during procedures
- Prepares patients, screens, and equipment for procedures by positioning them.
- Determines whether images are suitable for diagnostic purposes and chooses images to show medical practitioners
- Procedure findings are communicated to medical practitioners.
- Prepare the examination room and ultrasound equipment for use. Assist radiologists with ultrasound-guided biopsies and vascular ultrasound procedures as needed.
- Using sonographic equipment, identify and record the appropriate anatomy and pathology.
- Maintain sonography equipment properly and report equipment failures.
- Reports should be written based on the scan results and completion.
- Notify appropriate medical personnel of any abnormalities that require immediate attention.
- Make use of your ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Work independently or with little supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects while remaining flexible in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic as well as a friendly and cheerful demeanor.
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality possible.
- Pursue professional development in order to continuously improve patient care.
- Taking a patient’s medical history and explaining the procedure
- Supporting patients during the imaging and/or testing process by answering questions about the procedure
- Using ultrasound machines to generate high-quality diagnostic images
- Examining test results or images for accuracy and coverage, and capturing additional images as needed
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal findings
- For physicians, analyzing and summarizing diagnostic findings
- Keeping track of findings in patients’ records
- Upkeep of diagnostic imaging equipment, such as ultrasound machines and transducers
- Proven work experience as a Sonographer or similar role
- Strong technical, communication, interpersonal and patient service skills
- The ability to explain technical terms in a clear and understandable way
- Excellent eyesight and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, judgment and decision-making skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Sonographer.
Deadline: 30th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.