Niger State College of Nursing Sciences, Minna is a full Cooperate Institution with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. Established by Decree 89 1979! Nursing and Midwifery employ specific Science and Skills to advance patients’ health and are among the most complicated fields in medicine. This is why Clinical education is an essential part of nursing and midwifery because it offers students an opportunity to convert conceptual knowledge into intellectual and psychological skills and then apply them in the dynamic of caring for patients.
Our College Clinical education comprises about half the training of nursing and midwifery students’ all of whom must be competent to apply their learned skills when they graduate. However, detecting significant issues in clinical education and addressing existing problems contribute to achieving the educational objective, of training nurses and midwives in offering quality care.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: College Registrar
Location: Minna, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Registrar is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration of the College and shall perform such other duties as the Governing Council may require as the case may be, as well as the Provost may from time to time require him/her to do.
- He/she is one of the Principal Officers of the College.
- He/she heads the Registry Department and is the custodian of the College’s official documents.
- He/she is the Secretary to the Council, the Academic Board and any Standing Committee of the Council.
The candidate for the post must possess the following qualifications:
- Holds a First Degree or Higher National Diploma in Social Sciences, Education, Arts, Humanities and other related courses from a recognised institution of higher learning;
- Have a minimum of eighteen (18) years post qualification cognate experience for first degree and HND or Master’s degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience or a Doctorate degree (PhD) in relevant discipline with a minimum of twelve (12) years post qualification cognate experience, at least ten (10) years of which must have been gained in a tertiary institution of learning;
- Registered Member with relevant professional bodies recognized by the Government
- Be currently on the rank of Deputy Registrar for a period not less than five (5) years in a higher institution of learning.
- Demonstrate evidence of strong administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in administration, policy formulation, good human relation and positive managerial attributes;
- Knowledgeable in the Public Service Rules and Regulations.
- Provide evidence of membership of professional body/bodies recognized by the Government.
- A person who is not likely to pursue racial, gender, political, religious or other sectional interest;
- Morally sound of impeccable character, proven integrity and free from any financial embarrassment.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
The Salary is COMPCASS and the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the College as approved by the State Government.
Deadline: 9th October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit typed written copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and attach fifteen (15) copies of all relevant documents / credentials to their applications with the following information:
- Full names (Surname first and underline)
- Date and place of Birth
- State and Local Government Area of Origin
- Marital status
- Current Postal Address including Telephone Number(s) and Email Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academics and professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates
- Present Employment to include Status, Duties and any other relevant experience gained
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications are to be addressed & submitted in a sealed envelope marked with the position applied for, to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry for Tertiary Education, Minna,
The Office of the Acting Provost,
Niger State College of Nursing Sciences,
Minna, Niger State.
- Applicants will be required to produce original copies of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for the interview as photocopies will not be accepted.
- A brief statement by the candidate reflecting on his/her suitability for the post.
- Applicants should request the three (3) Referees to forward their confidential reports directly to “The office of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry for Tertiary Education, Minna, through the Office of the Acting Provost, Niger State College of Nursing Sciences, Minna”.
- Only shortlisted candidates / applicants would be contacted, please.