Niger State College of Nursing Sciences, Minna is a full Cooperate Institution with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. Established by Decree 89 1979! Nursing and Midwifery employ specific Science and Skills to advance patients’ health and are among the most complicated fields in medicine. This is why Clinical education is an essential part of nursing and midwifery because it offers students an opportunity to convert conceptual knowledge into intellectual and psychological skills and then apply them in the dynamic of caring for patients.
Our College Clinical education comprises about half the training of nursing and midwifery students’ all of whom must be competent to apply their learned skills when they graduate. However, detecting significant issues in clinical education and addressing existing problems contribute to achieving the educational objective, of training nurses and midwives in offering quality care.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Provost
Location: Minna, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Provost is the Chief Executive Officer and the Head of the College Academics, and responsible to the Governing Council.
Any interested candidate vying for the post must possess the following qualifications:
- The Provost of the College shall be a Registered Nurse / Midwife / Public Health Nurse Educator with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria who shall possess the following Qualifications;
- A Ph.D. Degree in any Nursing specialty with a minimum of seven (7) years teaching experience.
- Teaching qualifications such as Diploma in Nursing Education (DNE), Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing Education (PGDNE), Professional Diploma in Education (PDE), Master’s in Education (MED).
- If a person with Ph.D in Nursing is not available, an experienced educator with Master’s Degree in Nursing with a minimum of nine (9) years teaching experience in addition to the aforementioned teaching qualifications can be appointed as the Provost of the college.
- Must possess strong academic, administrative and visionary qualities, he/she should be sound in policy formulation implementation and have a good human relation.
- Must be morally, mentally, physically sound with proven integrity and free from financial embarrassment.
- Shall have Current practicing Licence with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
The Salary is COMPCASS and the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the College as approved by the State Government.
Deadline: 9th October, 2023
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit typed written copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and attach fifteen (15) copies of all relevant documents / credentials to their applications with the following information:
- Full names (Surname first and underline)
- Date and place of Birth
- State and Local Government Area of Origin
- Marital status
- Current Postal Address including Telephone Number(s) and Email Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academics and professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates
- Present Employment to include Status, Duties and any other relevant experience gained
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications are to be addressed & submitted in a sealed envelope marked with the position applied for, to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry for Tertiary Education, Minna,
The Office of the Acting Provost,
Niger State College of Nursing Sciences,
Minna, Niger State.
- Applicants will be required to produce original copies of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for the interview as photocopies will not be accepted.
- A brief statement by the candidate reflecting on his/her suitability for the post.
- Applicants should request the three (3) Referees to forward their confidential reports directly to “The office of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry for Tertiary Education, Minna, through the Office of the Acting Provost, Niger State College of Nursing Sciences, Minna”.
- Only shortlisted candidates / applicants would be contacted, please.