The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCO), operator of Oil Mining Lease 118 on behalf of itself and other Co-ventures consisting of Nigerian Agip Exploration, TotalEnergies Nigeria, and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria (Deepwater) Limited under a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) with Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerian students for:
Title: 2023 NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship Programme
- The program aims at promoting academic excellence and improving the skills of young Nigerians. It provides a yearly grant to successful applicants from their second year to the completion of their undergraduate degree program.
- Eligible undergraduate students studying National Universities Commission (NUC) accredited courses in Nigerian universities
- Be a Nigerian citizen.
- Currently be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian University, accredited by the NUC.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems.
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity in the Oil and Gas industry, National, or International.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications must be received not later than the specific deadline via the scholarship portal ONLY.
- Only candidates that meet the eligibility criteria will be invited for the monitored computer-based test.
- Only the top 10 candidates will be shortlisted from each of the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory for academic verification prior to scholarship offer.
- Candidates with falsified results will be disqualified.
- Only candidates that have successfully satisfied the above criteria will be contacted to receive the scholarship award.
- All scholars must maintain a minimum of 3.5 CGPA per session, in a 5-grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems, to sustain the award.
Data Protection Notice:
SNEPCO is committed to data protection.
Processing of Personal Data Collected by NNPC-SNEPCO:
- Personal data collected by Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company United (SNEPC) on behalf of the Nigeria National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) and Coventure partners will be used exclusively for the purpose of the selection of candidates for a scholarship award. The information will not be used for any incompatible purpose.
- NNPC-SNEPCO is the Controller for the processing of your personal data and will not use your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- In the event the personal data needs to be processed by, transferred to, or exchanged with a third party, appropriate contractual safeguards will be put in place to ensure that the third party is in compliance with data protection regulations.
Deadline: 10th November 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
- Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
- Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- Recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, not more than 200kilobytes;
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
- Letter of Identification from State of Origin indicating applicant’s local government of origin;
- Cumulative Grade Point Average after the first year i.e. candidate must have completed and have results of 2 academic semesters at the minimum
- All candidates are required to fill out and sign the Government Official declaration form.
- To download the Government Official declaration form, click Here
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Click on “Apply Now” tab.
- Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click Here to return to the Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Click on Here to download the Government Official Declaration Form.
- Correctly fill and upload the signed form.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number, educational information, and other information and upload the required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in the same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to ensure that they are clear and accurate.
- When asked to upload a photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive an email and a SMS that confirms your application was successful.
- Return to Link, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board