The Nigeria Police Force is the principal law enforcement agency in Nigeria. It has staff deployment across the 36 states of the country and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The command and control of the Nigeria Police Force is under the Inspector General of Police. For administrative ease, the Force is divided into seven (7) administrative departments, viz. Finance and Administration; Operations; Logistics; Force Criminal Investigation Department; Training; Research and Planning; and Information and Communication Technology, each headed by a Deputy Inspector General of Police.
The Police Service Commission (PSC) in conjunction with the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) invites applications from interested and qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigeria Police Force as:
Job Title: Police Constable Specialist (Artisan)
The Police Service Commission (PSC) in conjunction with the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) invites applications from interested and qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigeria Police Force as Police Constable Speacialist (Artisan) in the following Specialised Fields:
- Medical Assistant (Junior Community Health Extension Worker. etc)
- Veterinary Assistant (relevant certificate in Animal Health / livestock etc)
- Band Section
- Communications/Info-Tech Specialist
- Plumbers, Masons, Painters, Tilers, Electricians, Welders and Carpenters
The Online Application requirements are as follows:
- Applicants shall be of Nigerian origin by birth and must possess the National Identification Number (NIN).
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 4 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/SSCE or its equivalent with credit passes in English and Mathematics.
- Medical/Veterinary Assistants must possess a minimum of 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/SSCE or its equivalent with credit passes in English and Mathematics while any Certificate in relevant fields will be added advantage.
- Applicants must be aged between 18-28 years
- Applicants must be medically, physically, and psychologically fit and must not be less than 1.67m tall for males and 1.64m tall for females.
- Applicants must not have less than 86cm (34 inches) expanded chest measurement (for males only).
- Female Applicants must not be pregnant at the time of entry.
- O’ level statements of result or certificates relating to examinations taken before 2014 will not be accepted.
- Applicants must be free from any financial embarrassment and not convicted of any criminal offence.
Deadline: 26th November, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Automated Physical / Credential Screening Exercise
- Applicants that meet the online registration requirements will be invited for automated physical screening exercise which will be conducted nationwide, on a date to be communicated later.
- Applicants would be required to present the originals of the following documents during the Automated Physical Screening Exercise:
- Educational Qualifications
- Birth Certificates/Declaration of Age
- Evidence of physical/mental fitness from a government recognized Hospital.
- Evidence of good character from village/district head of the applicant.
- Certificate of Origin signed by Local Government Chairman or Secretary.
- Guarantor Form endorsed by a Public Servant not below Grade Level GL13, Police Officer not below the rank of CSP or its equivalent from the Armed Forces and the Paramilitary Services.
Automated Medical Screening:
- Applicants who scale through the physical screening will be invited for Automated Medical Screening at the 17 Police Zonal Medicals Centers, on a date to be communicated later.
Nature of the Training:
- Successful Applicants will undergo a combined Academic and Physical Training leading to the employment of successful ones into the Nigeria Police Force as Specialist (artisan) Police Constables (PC).
- The Online Application Portal will be open for a period of six weeks from 15th October to 26th November 2023.
- Prospective applicants are to log the recruitment portal www.apply.policerecruitment.gov.ng and complete the application form within the period specified.
- The application is open to both male and female Nigerians of good character
- Any change(s) as regards this 2023 Recruitment Exercise will be communicated via our portal, for enquiry Call help desk no. 08069794453
- The recruitment exercise is free of charge