First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Planning and Analytics Manager
Job ID.: 803
Employment Type: Full time
- Engage Group Executive and Group Heads to document the Division’s strategy document and decompose the strategy into critical quantitative operational metrics
- Design and build business performance operational metrics and analytics leveraging intelligent analytics tools to monitor strategy implementation for the Division covering technology, digital innovation, and banking services for Nigeria and African subsidiaries
- Conduct both local and global research on banking and technology transformation trends and produce high-quality insights/recommendations
- Serve as a single point of contact for Division-wide programs/initiatives e.g. CSR, Employee engagement programs, etc.
- Take initiative to monitor trends and highlight useful trends that will require taking action by the Division to improve the performance, and customer engagement, and ultimately increase the profitability of the Bank.
- Support Group Executive and take on specific responsibilities as may be assigned to GE from time to time.
- Participate in strategic planning activities of the directorate and monitor implementation of strategic initiatives
- Develop capex and opex budget for the offoce of GE Technology & Services
- Coordinate annual budgeting process for the directorate
- Monitor and analyse budget performance for the directorate
- Follow up on action items/activities with relevant Technology & Services departments to ensure necessary action is taken
- Build Interactive Power BI Dashboards
- Coordinate strategic activities for the Office of GE Technology, Digital Innovation & Services to strengthen relationships within the bank and with various stakeholders
- Coordinate the efficiency efforts of the GE Technology, Digital Innovation & Services for maximum impact
- Prepare and publish high-quality reports for the GE for CEO monthly briefing meetings and Board Committee meetings
- Prepare and publish high-quality performance reports for the divisions monthly and quarterly performance meetings (MPR)
- Design and implement a system for tracking and dashboarding the status of agreed priority initiatives across various units in the Division and working closely with GE and GHs to ensure the timely execution of strategy
- Assist in preparing Board papers, speeches and presentations, etc, on behalf of GE Technology, Digital Innovation & Services, and follow up on implementation of Board directives
- Generate periodic reports for the attention of the GE Technology, Digital Innovation & Services
- Collaborate with departments and teams on improvement initiatives
- Coordinate Technology and operations support for African subsidiaries
- Minimum Education: First Degree in any related discipline. Higher degrees and relevant professional certificates (added advantage).
- Minimum experience: 6 years relevant experience covering business planning and data analytics experience.
- Use of SQL for scripting and data visualization and analytics e.g. PowerBI etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd December, 2023.