SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Installation Engineering M/F
Reference No: 2023-31829
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Type: Temporary work contract
Contract duration: 1 year renewable
- Laise daily with a counterpart on Contractor side to monitor the progress of FEED deliverables, anticipate/highlight delays and propose corrective actions when needed.
- Assist in managing matters on SOR changes, technical queries and derogations to General Specifications, related to both topsides and subsea installation, offshore operations, load-out/transportation/onshore logistics, SIMOPS, positioning and survey, associated engineering design, as regards all Preowei Equipment systems
- Assist in managing all Installation-related interfaces with all other concerned FEED packages (Topsides, SPS, Flow Assurance, Safety and Field Operations etc..)
- Provide technical support as necessary to the SURF team on all matters relating to both topsides and subsea installation, offshore operations, load-out/transportation/marine logistics, SIMOPS, positioning and survey; associated engineering design, as regards all Preowei Equipment systems. FEED
- Reviewing and approving FEED documents concerning both topsides and subsea installation, offshore operations, load-out/transportation/marine logistics, SIMOPS, installation engineering design, as regards all Equipment systems – pipelines, umbilicals/flexibles/cables, subsea structures, spools and jumpers, connections systems, positioning and survey etc…
- Assisting, in Qualification activities as may be required pertaining to the relevant components of all topsides modifications and subsea systems
- Assisting in resolution of installation-related interface issues as necessary, involving SURF, SPS, Topsides, , installation, hook-up, pre-commissioning, commissioning etc., including the existing EGINA facilities.
- Assisting in analysis of Contractor technical queries and deviation requests and preparation of comments and proposed answers to these queries
- Ensuring that offshore Transportation/Installation Engineering activities are performed in line with Contract requirements, Project Specifications, COMPANY General Specifications (prepare proper derogations, if required), and the Schedule during the FEED.
- Ensuring that HSE requirements are taken into consideration in installation design and ensuring necessary early preparation of COMOPS/SIMOPS dossiers in close collaboration with HSE team/Egina Field Operations.
- Liaising with other Team engineers to ensure technical consistency of all interfacing systems constituting the PREOWEI development as well as the existing EGINA facilities, with a particular focus on installation feasibility, SIMOPS constraints, pre-commissioning/commissioning etc.
- Liaising with COMPANY HQ Specialists, COMPANY specialists or third parties, when required, for specific installation-related topics (pipeline installation constraints, marine logistics, HSE etc.)
- Getting feedback from other deepwater projects on installation,onshore logistics, brownfield SIMOPS and hook-up activities.
Call For Tender & EPSCC Preparation:
- Collaborate with the SURF & Contract team to ensure that EPSCC Contract Exhibits include all necessary requirements related to both topsides and subsea installation, offshore operations, load-out/transportation/marine logistics, SIMOPS, positioning and survey and associated engineering design, as regards all Preowei Equipment systems.
- Assist in preparation of relevant elements of Invitation to Tender and Technical evaluation criteria.
- Assist in timely review of Offshore Transportation/marine logistics/Installation related technical deliverables submitted by Tenderers
- Advise the SURF team on all non-compliance, risks, inconsistencies in the contractors’ submission
- Assist in answering / closing Contractors’ technical clarifications/qualifications
- Assist in performing technical evaluation of Contractors’ EPSCC offer submissions
- Assist in marine spread inspection when required, assisting those inspections to appraise marine spread upgrade plans whenever identified as required.
- Liaising as necessary with third party authorities and MWS about specific vessels mobilizations and inspections
- Assist the preparation of the EPSCC project execution plan with strong emphasis on the SURF execution – both topsides and subsea installation, offshore operations, load-out/transportation, SIMOPS, and associated engineering design for all Preowei Equipment systems etc
Context and Environment:
- Project with some technical novelties/innovations, long tie-back distance (~30km), Subsea brownfield tie-in to existing EGINA facilities (SIMOPS), Constrained field layout/routing (Seabed disturbances, Geohazards, complex crossings etc..)
- Heavy workload with tight FEED schedule and activities leading to FID.
- Challenging position with FEED Contractors (Single Alliance), with the Project demand to minimize EPSCC facilities CAPEX, whilst guaran
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Graduate in Engineering (Masters level), in Petroleum Industry.
- Depending on experience, candidates with BSc may be also given consideration.
- 10+ years’ experience in in Design and Installation of Subsea / Deepwater Steel Structures and previous exposure to major UFR EPSCC projects installation/operations.
- Good knowledge of international design codes / standards and COMPANY General Specifications
- Good sense of organization, ability to prioritize activities, to identify critical aspects, to propose way forwards, to lead specialists or third parties, to summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under high workload, prioritize in a fast-paced project and meet schedule requirements.
- Brownfield SIMOPS experience is a plus
- Available for technical missions worldwide
- BOSIET certificate
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment
- Language: English fluent
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online