SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Construction Superintendent M/F
Reference No: 2023-31830
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Type: Temporary work contract
Contract duration: 1 year renewable
- Preparation and execution of assigned construction activities including but not limited to repair of pipelines, vessels, values, structures, well connections, modifications on production and processing facilities
- Ensure compliance with Company referential, Procedures and Local regulations in the execution of contracts from receipt of SMR or notifications until handover to clients (Field Operations, Drilling, and Technical Logistics).
- Ensure optimal use of available resources within approved budget, and timeline and with little or no re-work.
- Contributes to defining priorities for the company clients related to Project implementation
- Ensure safe working practices are carried out within the Project Team and the Contractors.
- Perform site visit to clearly defined battery limits and the comprehensive scope of work.
- Contribute to the elaboration of contract strategy in conjunction with Contract Department duet
- Participate in the tendering processes for his activities in liaison with Project Control (Scope definition, ITT preparation, Technical Evaluation, etc)
- Ensure the overall scope of work is clearly covered by all involved parties within battery limits.
- Preparation & issuance of activities progress reports.
- Follow up of all contractors’ activities from kick-off meeting to work completion.
- Identify bottlenecks/non-confromances and drive remedial actions or escalate as necessary for prompt resolution.
- Ensure that As-built dossiers, handover certificates & relevant pre-commissioning dossiers are made available to the Clients on activities completion.
- Attend the daily Evening (sectional heads) meeting, 5WLAP,Weekly Performance, Safety, DGS & Action plan meetings as well as Bi-weekly and Monthly HSE meetings on behalf of ECP, providing needed input
- Follow-up the site visits requests for CFTs (calls for tenders), providing clarifications as necessary
- Ensure that PTW and associated documents are issued to Site management / HSE and duly signed for the execution of any works at Site
Context and Environment:
- Required to work with indigenous/local construction companies to develop technical competence and comply with “Local Content Act
- Frequently required to work offshores/odd hours/days depending on work load and priorities
- Complex operational interfaces with others entities of COMPANY
- Required to use UNISUP/SAP system for the execution of all routine / new Projects.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Petroleum, Structural, Civil or Electrical Engineering
- 8 years’ experience in Engineering & Construction including Project Management Experience with at least 5 years relevant experience in Oil & Gas Production Facilities upgrade maintenance
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online