Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant – (Project Driver)
Job Type: Full Time – Local
Purpose of the Position
- The Driver will support the Admin and Logistics Department in managing daily Logistics functions and supporting a staff movement across several locations:
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of Procurement, Admin and Logistics Coordinator and closely with other staff.
Admin & Logistics activities:
- The driver will assist in the execution of SEARCH projects through safe and efficient transportation by vehicle of Search authorized passengers, transport goods and services throughout Adamawa State and the country of Nigeria in furtherance of the execution of the responsibilities of those passengers as they relate to SEARCH projects.
- The driver will also maintain his assigned vehicle to meet all reasonable safety standards and act accordingly in line with SEARCH policies and immediately report any needed repairs to the Procurement, Admin and logistics Officer
Specific Duties, Responsibilities, and Accountabilities
- Maintain professional and reliable driving skills; Observe general traffic rules & safety regulations and request passengers to use their seat belt inside the vehicle at all times;
- Drive project staff and other authorized personnel to various destinations safely, as assigned;
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle e.g. accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, timely fueling of vehicle and monitoring of usage;
- Fulfill reporting requirements and maintain proper and accurate records on vehicle; Logs all trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing etc; Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for major repairs to ensure that the vehicle is kept in top performance and clean;
- Keenly monitor the security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy;
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on assigned vehicle to the supervisor in line with SEARCH vehicle policies;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, vehicle tool kit and necessary spare parts;
- Ensures that in the event of an accident, SEARCH rules/policies and traffic regulations are followed;
- Other office duties such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, relieving at the reception, handling of in-coming/outgoing telephone calls, screening of visitors, etc;
- Perform other logistics tasks such as dispatch and collection of mails, and other relevant items as assigned, and also assist with movement of items within the office premises.
High Team Performance:
- Participate in team meetings to bring up issues, share knowledge and achievements
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with the operations and Programs team
- Effectively communicate information and insights to the team.
- Ensure successful communication with all areas of the business.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of the program.
- Undertakes additional tasks or projects as assigned by the Admin & Logistic Officer
- Ensure project vehicle is maintained and fueled on time for program activities
- Support in creating and sustaining a workplace culture of learning
Ensures compliance with Search’s values, policies and standards, and ensures compliance with all local statutory requirements:
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Ensures personal adherence to workplace health and safety requirements and either addresses or brings to PAL manager’s attention when others are in breach of these requirements.
- Acts in an ethical way when dealing with Search assets and other people.
- The position will be for one year with possibility of extension dependent on performance and funding.
The Driver is required to respect the following Ethical Principles:
- Competence: S/he should possess the abilities and skills and experience appropriate to undertake the tasks proposed and should practice within the limits of his or her professional training and competence.
- Honesty and integrity: S/he should be transparent with the contractor/constituent about: any conflict of interest, any change made in the negotiated project plan and the reasons why those changes were made, any risk that certain procedures or activities produce misleading review information.
- Respect for people: S/he respect the security, dignity and self-worth of respondents, program participants. He / She has the responsibility to be sensitive to and respect differences amongst participants in culture, religion, gender, disability, age and ethnicity.
- Secondary School or a National diploma in any field
- 1-3 years of relevant practical experience working with a non-profit organization as a Driver or Logistic Assistant
- Experience in INGO is a plus
- Attention to detail: The ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently
- Cooperation: The ability to work effectively with others to achieve a shared goal even when the object at stake is of no direct personal interest
- Quality of work: Work is performed accurately, neatly and on time. Work is consistent, complete, and requires minimal checking and correction
- Job Knowledge and technical skills: Understands the job requirements and policy requirements. Has specific content knowledge where appropriate
- Organization of work: Manages his/ her time effectively and takes initiative, finding innovative ways to get the job done. Demonstrates self-reliance and resourcefulness.
N80,000 – N100,000 / month.
Deadline: 27th November, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online