Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Roving DMEL Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a dynamic, analytical, and self-motivated individual for the position of Roving Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Coordinator to be based in the Nigeria Country office in Abuja.
- This role requires one with experience in the design and implementation of programme monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning for programmes across the Development and Peacebuilding nexus.
- S/he must have concrete experience with monitoring and collection of routine programme data in order to support Search to gather, analyze, and process complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation and have it stored in a database.
- The holder will also ensure that DMEL OKR indicators are collected routinely and used to update the GMS. S/he will support programme DMEL leads in the states to develop a project indicator tracking Template, and use it to capture routine and non-routine data that will be used in the production of a performance dashboard to showcase progress towards programme/project results target.
- The incumbent will carry out his/her work according to an established DMEL standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress, and measuring program inputs/outputs/outcomes result statements.
- The Roving DMEL Coordinator will directly report to the Head of DMEL Unit, and liaises with the PDQR Unit and the State programme teams in providing technical support to DMEL State Teams on key DMEL activities in the field.
- Collection of case studies and success stories across the projects suitable for external audiences
- Conduct project monitoring visits on a regular basis and report findings to the project teams to improve the delivery of activities in line with set standards. and DM&E team through spot checks with project volunteers,
- Maintenance of up-to-date databases and indicator tracking table of the project capturing progress against target of all projects.
- Conduct/Support monthly review and quarterly project reflection meetings for projects within your jurisdiction.
- Conduct Quarterly DQA and devise appropriate strategies on how data quality in the organization can be improved.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Take a lead role in the designing Indicator Tracking Template for all Projects in the Organization and work closely with the DMEL leads at State levels to roll out the ITT and use it to develop Organizational Quarterly Dashboard that will feed into project reports to key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Head of DMEL to design and roll out a Beneficiary Response and Feedback mechanism that has a clear and appropriate channel of communication that suits each audience.
- Support the Head of DMEL by collaborating with programme teams to develop an indicator reference sheet for project indicators in line with Search and Donor MEAL Standards and train staff to use it to inform project reporting.
- Support to carry out data quality assurances and submit a report to the Head of DMEL with clear recommendations on how data quality in the organization can be improved. Upon approved of recommended strategy or any other that may be suggested, the Roving DMEL Coordinator will be responsible for building the capacity of programme Staff on how data in the organization should be improved., and the validated data used for reporting.
- Ensure the state team is aware of and up to date on all DMEL tasks and reports.
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase in assigned areas.
- In concert with the DMEL Manager, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for field-level
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in Monthly and Quarterly Reports.
- Share observations from monitoring visits with DMEL Manager when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
Deadline:24th November, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested candidates would submit their Updated resume and Cover Letters (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)
- This position is only open to Nigerian nationals.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling bases.
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.