Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
Requisition Number: FINAN002060
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Finance & Admin Officer will work in the field office under the supervision of Senior Program Manager and under the direction of the Finance & Admin Manager.
- S/he will assist the Field Office to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial and accounting records and will have primary responsibility for managing the monthly accounting cycle and the routine daily accounting tasks and payments in the field office.
- S/he will assist in reviewing and analyzing, records, reports, and management practices to ensure adequate internal controls are in place to mitigate risks in compliance with laws, regulations, donor requirements and pathfinder international policies and procedures.
Major Activities / Responsibilities
Accounts and Finance Management:
- Assists with ensuring standard financial systems and controls are established and maintained to provide appropriate level of controls over the organization’s resources.
- Assists with the development and implementation of effective tools, systems, policies, and procedures that ensure consistent compliance. Assists with the development and implementation of financial and procurement policies and procedures in a continuous effort to improve field financial reporting and compliance.
- Collects and organizes information in preparation for the annual external audit and/or program specific audit.
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of office maintenance, including furniture, equipment, machineries, electric lines, and bulbs.
- Ensure the functionality of safety equipment such as fire extinguishers and first aid kits.
- Maintain adequate office supplies and provide clear guidance to staff based on organizational policies and procedures.
- Manage vendor relationships, including rental companies, taxi services, security, and cleaning services.
- Review and process payment requests for various services, suppliers, and ensure timely settlement of bills.
- Regularly maintain and monitor the office generator, including fuel refilling and availability of reserve fuel.
- Provide general administration support to the operations section.
- Ensure smooth and safe travel and accommodation arrangements including local travel of country staff as well as the international staff. Coordinate and negotiate with hotels and travel agencies for procurements. Ensure Pathfinder International’s travel policy is followed and executed at every level.
- Coordinate logistics for staff, including arranging taxis, facilitating training logistics, and overseeing office consumables.
- Approve Goods Receiving Notes and Store Requisitions.
- Manage an information system for inventory management, replacement, and distribution in compliance with donor and organizational requirements.
- Facilitate annual inventory for fixed assets and stock items.
- Collaborate with the Senior Program Officer to implement security operations and systems.
- Maintain regular communication with the Program Director and Program Staff to ensure effective HR and administrative coordination.
- Collaborate with the direct line manager, senior management, and field teams to ensure program coordination within budgeted targets.
- Tracks key indicators and the processing of monthly country office reporting, including the receipt, review, recording, reconciliation, and consolidation of all income, expenses, and balance sheet items
- Prepares and submits financial reports in agreed format and timeframe.
Minimum Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance and Accounting.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a financial & admin officer or similar role with experience in financial transactions 3 years’ work experience in purchasing, finance, or facilities management.
- Prefer: Work experience with NGO under BMGF or USAID grants.
- Highest standard of ethics and integrity
- Digest and improve financial policy and procedure manual.
- Good extensive knowledge of the Northeast context.
- Knowledge of SERENIC accounting software is required as paramount or any accounting software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Sound understanding of financial and accounting principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software, In-depth knowledge of financial controls and accounting standards.
- Extensive experience in financial reporting.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superb organizational and time management abilities.
- Great collaboration and communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines, determine priorities, organize work to meet objectives, and identify and deal with problems.
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with external parties and internal colleagues.
Minimally Required Job-specific Competencies:
- Builds constructive and effective relationships with team members and clients.
- Financial Systems and Operations: Foundational knowledge of operations, financial management, organization, and planning
- Agency and Donor Rules and Regulations: Foundational knowledge of BMGF and other governmental and non-governmental donor agencies’ rules and regulations.
- Financial Accounting Systems Implementation: Foundational knowledge of financial accounting systems implementation at a project or program management level.
- Procurement Process and Best Practices: Foundational knowledge of procurement processes, systems, and supporting databases.
- Audit Process: Foundational knowledge of the audit process.
- Compliance: Foundational knowledge of GAAP, Pathfinder, and donor compliance.
- Job-Specific PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of accounting software applications, to include accounting systems, data, and spreadsheets.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidentiality: Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills. Advanced knowledge of report writing.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge and or expressed interest of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices, and services, including strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Advanced influencing and diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th February, 2024.