Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Manager
Requisition Number: SENIO002054
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Senior Program Manager is responsible for the design, implementation, and monitoring of the Borno State Group Antenatal Care Deployment under the TA Connect/Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Program.
- S/He will work in collaboration with the key State stakeholders, multiple local and international actors and Implementing partners to improve access to Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH) services and support state-wide institutionalization of the G-ANC model.
- The Senior Program Manager will report to the Country Director and will lead Pathfinder’s technical team for efficient planning, financing, delivering, and monitoring high quality services to the Borno State government.
- S/he will be responsible for designing and implementing operational plans and leading program activities. S/he will provide technical leadership on all aspects of improving the quality of RMNCH services by supporting the government’s strategic goal of increasing ANC coverage in the targeted LGAs in Borno state and generate an evidence-base to support other states to adopt G-ANC.
- S/he will develop strategies for resource mobilization and lead the technical team to produce quarterly, semi-annual, and annual quantitative and narrative reports, including relevant information on lessons learnt, challenges encountered, and opportunities identified for improvement.
- S/He is responsible for coordinating amongst the different health actors to guarantee the feasibility of the project and country program
Major Activities / Responsibilities
- Oversees the program budget and development of annual work plans, semi-annual reports, and other reports as needed to ensure all project deliverables are of high quality and produced on time and within budget.
- Provides leadership in developing, implementing, and assessing an integrated package of interventions to increase coverage and utilization of high-quality RMNCH interventions at the household, community, and health facility levels in collaboration with key national and state stakeholders.
- Operationalize and implement of the Borno State Group Antenatal Care Deployment program components.
- Support the development, strengthening and implementation of state and LGA RMNCH strategic and annual plans.
- Facilitate linkages and foster collaboration and coordination with key stakeholders including relevant national, state, and local government authorities, partners and civil society organizations involved in RMNCH, and communities.
- Provide input and participate in the project strategy design and implementation plan for the health facility and community services components.
- Directly supervises the work of senior technical/project staff and ensures efficient and effective contribution to project goals.
- Oversee extensive technical and programmatic activities in Borno state to ensure high quality, evidence‐based approaches, and effective implementation to increase access to, use, and quality of services at the facility and community levels for implementation of the RMNCH and G-ANC Model.
- Contribute to the development of evidence‐based training materials and standards, supportive supervision materials and approaches, job aids, and other systems and tools for diverse stakeholders in line with approved national guidelines.
- Conduct regular field visits in collaboration with key national, state, and LGA MOH stakeholders and facilitate follow up on recommendations.
- Ensure comprehensive monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Providing leadership for publications writing and best practice documentation strategies.
- Directly supervises the work of senior project staff and consultants and ensures efficient and effective contribution to program activities in line with grant agreement.
- Support the development of Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and procurement plan and other project management tools.
- Coordinate the implementation of the G-ANC program and determine the operational needs of the program within the scope of the project.
- Provide on-going management, supportive supervision and mentorship to team members working on the project.
- Organize and facilitate training and capacity building of health personnel and other project implementation stakeholders as necessary.
- Produce and ensure timely submission of monthly program activity and M&E reports when required.
Administrative and Financial Management:
- Will be supported by the Finance and Admin Manager and the Finance and Admin Officer in the management of administrative and financial tasks pertinent to the project.
- Ensure that all programme administration and financial management in the state is in line with Pathfinder’s donor´s regulations
Representation and Communication:
- Participate in and represent Pathfinder at the Ministry of Health and other Coordination platforms with all other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and linkages with sub-recipient organizations, host government health departments, health facilities and community-based organizations for effective implementation of health programs at country level.
- Create awareness and promote Pathfinder’s principles throughout program/ project implementation.
- Prepares and submits procurement reports in agreed format and timeframe.
Minimum Education and Work Experience
- A medical doctor or qualified nurse/midwife with a minimum of six years relevant experience in reproductive health and community-based programs to deliver health services, and good knowledge of primary health care, maternal and newborn/child survival, child spacing and STI/AIDS programs.
- Strong interest and experience in community/health care provider capability building
- Experience working with the formal private health sector is a plus.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English in addition to one local language in the assigned state is an advantage.
- Experience managing quality improvement and digital health interventions is a required.
- Good advocacy and people skills and experience in community mobilization and service delivery
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to work with various constituencies, especially relevant government stakeholders, donors and other implementing partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical materials to both experts and lay audiences.
- Above average computer skills in MS Windows, Excel and Word
- Mature, responsible and able to meet deadlines under pressure and work with minimal supervision.
Minimally Required Job-specific Competencies:
- Sound project management knowledge and skills, with excellent coordination capacity
- Mature, responsible, and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong interest in community capacity/capability building
- Good advocacy skill and experience in community mobilization and service delivery.
- Must be organized, creative, independent able to handle multi –task, and focus with composure with capacity to meet deadlines.
- Ability to define and solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills.
- Should speak one or two major local languages of the project area.
- Good problem-solving skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply