Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) is Nigeria’s leading private sector think-tank dedicated to achieving sustainable economic development through private sector-led initiatives. Convener of the annual Nigerian Economic Summit (NES) since 1993, as a platform for bringing together private sector leaders and senior public sector officials to discuss and dialogue on the future of the Nigerian economy.
In 1993, a group of passionate and concerned private sector leaders representing key economic sectors conceived the Nigerian Economic Summit (NES) and sustained it as a platform for bringing together private sector leaders and senior public sector officials to discuss and dialogue on the future of the Nigerian Economy. Three years later, in 1996, the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) was established and incorporated as a non-profit, non-partisan private sector organisation with a mandate to promote and champion the reform of the Nigerian economy into an open, private sector-led globally competitive economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
- The primary responsibility of the Grants Analyst would be to manage and oversee the grant application process, ensure compliance with grant requirements, and provide analytical support to optimize grant funding efforts.
- The ideal candidate must possess strong analytical, communication, project management, and organizational skills.
- The candidate must also be detail-oriented, capable of working with diverse teams, and have a deep understanding of grant processes, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Work closely with the Grants Office team to review call of applications and pre-award grant processes.
- Assist in reviewing of grantees monthly reports and follow up on grant disbursements.
- In liaison with the Grants Officer, maintain and ensure appropriate updates to the Grants Management tracker including accuracy of data
- Assist with Grants Unit operation, documentation, engagements with Donors and partners, updating files and templates.
- Draft high-quality, clear, concise and compelling Letters of Interest, grant proposals, consultancy proposals, fundraising letters, reports and other documentation under tight submission deadlines;
- Take reform initiatives from ideation to reality, working across diverse policy and thematic areas in line with NESG’s mandate;
- Liaise and work with the leadership and members of Policy Commissions/Roundtables/Communities of Practice and where applicable, subject specialists to develop innovative concept notes for grant funding;
- Support the Grants Operations Officer in maintaining an efficient end-to-end grant management system.
- Participate spot checks and quarterly review meetings with grantee and other stakeholders.
- Organize the official grant files for audits.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Master’s Degree / Bachelor’s Degree in any Business, Science or related field.
- Project management qualification such as PMP, PRINCE 2, etc is an added advantage.
- Ability to use basic functions of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct policy-oriented research and analysis.
- Knowledge and expertise working with institutional donors.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges, opportunities and implications.
- Ability to conduct systematic analyses of public policy issues.
- Proficient in developing logical frameworks.
- Able to deliver quality work within tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
Deadline: 10th February, 2024.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter explaining their qualifications and interest in the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Grants Analyst Application” as the subject of the mail.