Redeemer Health Village, a leading tertiary healthcare institution located along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Healthcare Assistant
Location: Mowe, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a Healthcare Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting healthcare professionals in delivering high-quality care to patients across various healthcare settings.
- Your responsibilities will encompass a wide range of tasks aimed at ensuring the comfort, well-being, and safety of patients while assisting with their daily activities and medical needs.
- This role requires compassion, empathy, and strong communication skills to effectively interact with patients, their families, and other healthcare team members.
- Patient Care: Provide hands-on assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing, grooming, and feeding according to individual patient needs and care plans.
- Vital Signs Monitoring: Regularly measure and record vital signs including temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, and respiratory rate, reporting any significant changes to the healthcare team.
- Mobility Assistance: Help patients with mobility issues by assisting with walking, transferring between beds and chairs, and using mobility aids such as wheelchairs or walkers
- Patient Comfort: Ensure patients are comfortable by regularly repositioning them to prevent pressure ulcers, providing pain relief measures as directed, and attending to their personal hygiene needs.
- Observation and Reporting: Monitor patients for any signs of discomfort, distress, or changes in condition, promptly reporting observations to registered nurses or healthcare providers.
- Assisting with Procedures: Assist healthcare professionals with medical procedures such as wound care, catheterization, and specimen collection while maintaining a sterile environment and adhering to infection control protocols.
- Supportive Services: Assist with meal preparation, serving, and feeding patients as needed, ensuring dietary requirements and preferences are met.
- Patient Interaction: Interact with patients in a compassionate and respectful manner, addressing their concerns, providing emotional support, and promoting a positive patient experience.
- Record Keeping: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of patient care activities, vital signs, and other relevant information in accordance with established protocols and regulatory standards.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate effectively with other members of the healthcare team including nurses, physicians, therapists, and social workers to ensure coordinated and comprehensive patient care.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess at least an OND, SSCE or equivalent
- Additional training or certification as a Healthcare Assistant or equivalent is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in a healthcare or caregiving role is desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with patients, families, and healthcare professionals.
- Empathy, compassion, and a genuine desire to help others.
- Ability to follow instructions and work effectively as part of a team.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology and procedures.
- Physical stamina and dexterity to perform tasks such as lifting, bending, and standing for extended periods.
Deadline: 16th February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.