Redeemer Health Village, a leading tertiary healthcare institution located along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hospital Security Personnel
Locations: Lagos and Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a dedicated and vigilant individual to join our team as a Hospital Security Personnel. The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure the safety and security of all patients, visitors, staff, equipment and property within the hospital premises.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to handle potentially stressful situations with professionalism and efficiency.
- Security Patrols: Conduct regular patrols of designated areas within the hospital premises to detect and deter any unauthorized activities, suspicious behavior, or safety hazards.
- Access Control: Monitor access points, including entrances, exits, and restricted areas, to ensure only authorized personnel and visitors are permitted entry.
- Emergency Response: Respond promptly to emergencies, including but not limited to medical emergencies, disturbances, and security breaches, and take appropriate action as per established protocols.
- Conflict Resolution: Resolve conflicts and disputes among patients, visitors, or staff in a calm and diplomatic manner, utilizing conflict resolution techniques and de-escalation strategies.
- Crisis Management: Assist in the implementation of emergency response plans and procedures during crisis situations, such as natural disasters, fire alarms, or security threats.
- Security Technology: Operate and monitor security equipment, including surveillance cameras, alarm systems, and access control systems, to ensure optimal performance and detect any irregularities.
- Reporting and Documentation: Maintain accurate records of security incidents, observations, and activities by documenting them in written reports or electronic systems as per hospital policies and procedures.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with other hospital staff, including nurses, physicians, and administrators, to address security concerns and ensure a safe and secure environment for all.
- Training and Education: Participate in ongoing training sessions and educational programs related to security procedures, emergency response, and safety protocols to enhance knowledge and skills.
- High School Certificate or equivalent; additional certifications in security or law enforcement preferred.
- Proven experience in security, law enforcement, or a related field, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- English Language Literacy. (Ability to read, speak and write in English Language).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong observational skills and attention to detail to identify potential security risks and safety hazards.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure and handle challenging situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Familiarity with security technology and equipment, such as CCTV systems and access control systems.
- Physical fitness and ability to perform routine patrols and respond to emergencies as needed.
- This position may require working shifts, including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays, to ensure 24/7 coverage of security operations.
- The role involves frequent walking, standing, and occasional lifting or moving of objects.
- Exposure to various environmental conditions, including indoor and outdoor settings, and potential exposure to hazardous materials or situations.
- Note: The responsibilities and qualifications outlined above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position.
- They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel. The hospital reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties as necessary to meet the needs of the organization.
Deadline: 16th February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.