DEDA Hospital is a leading Nigerian healthcare provision facility with a history of successful health outcomes for our clients. Started Operations in 2012, DeDa hospital is home to an array of experienced healthcare providers and administrators from across the world with a dedication to delivering optimal healthcare service, especially to women, children and families. For over 6 years, DeDa hospital has provided Abuja, Nigeria and the International world with high quality, compassionate healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Team Lead Pharmacy, Accountant
Purpose of Position
- To prevent stock out, Risk of Drug Expiry, Theft and Encourage Just in Time for all pharmacy drug items used by the hospital.
- NYSC pharmacists, Pharmacists, Pharmacist Technician.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- To prepare medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- To dispense medications by compounding, packaging, and labelling pharmaceuticals.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug prescription and therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ work flow; verifying their preparation and labelling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- To provide pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counselling patients on drug therapies.
- Develops hospital staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals
- Ensure compliance with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing out-dated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintain pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Prepares monthly drug/stock analyses for management decision making.
- B.Pharm. Registration with CPN.
- 3 – 5 post NYSC experience
- Required Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrable knowledge of medications, their doses and route of administration.
- Show ability to determine compatibility of medications and potential side effects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.