Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand Protection Manager
Reports to: Head of Brand Assurance & Corporate Security
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Professional experience NDLEA, counterfeit/ illicit management will be an added advantage
- Ability to work under little supervision
- Good analytical Skills
- Good communication skills
- Gather intel on counterfeit operations to support actionable raid actions against production, storage and retail facilities
- Prepare monthly reports on BP activities in the East and Central.
- Support the Sales teams in resolving complaints on counterfeiting within East and Central divisions.
- Support all Brand Protection initiative East and Central divisions.
- Manage and build cordial working relationships with relevant Regulatory Enforcement agencies across East and central divisions
- Develop cordial working relationship with market associations to manage counterfeit issues in each market
- Carryout market inspections monthly to scale the size and nature of counterfeit and copycat issue within the divisions and report back on a monthly basis
- Support our 3PP on matters relating to counterfeit and intellectual property investigations within the East and Central
KPI to Measure Progress
- Identify and provide intelligence on major hubs in East and Central
- Intelligence gathering and dissemination against production, storage and retail
- Carryout market inspection to not less than 120 outlets across 6 trades monthly
- Develop and maintain stakeholder map within the region (NAFDAC, SON, CPC, Police & Customs) Names, designation and telephone numbers of regulators.
- Use stakeholder map to develop cordial relationship with all stakeholders.
- Identify and establish relationships with key players in these markets (Executives of each market association)
- Quarterly formal engagement sessions with market associations to discuss our challenges and chart ways forward
- Sustain and maintain trust between GN and these association and ensure the association support and drive GN anti-counterfeit drive
- Get association to support quarterly engagements with Spirits and wine meeting with Diageo