Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been re-imagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, MondelÄ’z International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Job Number: 1806621
Job: Manufacturing Quality Compliance
- Do you go big or small…..? Yes!
- We believe in both. That’s why we’re a $30 billion company with the mindset of a start-up. So big idea, small idea, or somewhere in between, here’s your chance to share it with us. Position Purpose Statement
- The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for designing and leading the quality vision and strategy for the manufacturing facility, ensuring compliance with MondelÄ“z policies and procedures, as well as with regulatory standards.
- The scope of this role is to lead quality management and improvements internally and across the supply chain to eliminate quality losses and build proactive quality assurance.
- Compliance is a critical part of the quality agenda to ensure the manufacturing site is quality compliant at all times with all quality internal and external quality policies and requirements.
- This role will lead the Consumer Inspired Quality Strategy for the plant using IL6S methodology, work processes, culture assessment tools and techniques to deliver a Zero Defect mindset through 100% engagement.
- The incumbent will be responsible for addressing quality losses through the supply chain. There are regular touch points with suppliers, R&D, WH, Category and Corporate Quality and directly leads quality improvement though the supply chain.
- The role plays major part in development of the Ikeja site as a World class manufacturing facility operating on the Best Practice quality and continuous improvement principles.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Individual Contributor in the position of Quality Assurance Manager should be able to produce all the end results of the job in the following areas:
- Develop and lead the Ikeja Quality Strategy to implement a Quality and Food safety management policy that enables the manufacture of high quality and safe products.
- To lead the site Quality Policy Compliance strategy to ensure alignment with Mondelez Quality policies. Engage and drive accountability to compliance at a site level on all quality, food safety and food defence matters. Striving for the vision to be QP Compliant at all times.
- Lead Consumer Inspired Quality for Ikeja plant using IL6S principles and drive the concept of Zero Defects. This will involve complex problem solving techniques and advance process control thinking.
- Manage, maintain and continually improve the Quality Chain Management System present in the plant to make sure that the local Ikeja Quality policy is compliant with Mondelez International and legal requirements. This includes both the Intranet/Quality Suite system and the controlling of the documents available in the plant in hard copy versions. All those activities involve engagement of other functions.
- Maintain and review the documents control system to ensure corporate policies compliance and facilitates ISO certification, through audits of the system compliance, implementation of communication process and proactive identification of issues (Document Control )
- Responsible for HACCP Program maintenance, including but not limited only to: coordination of verification, validation, review HACCP plans, review of food safety risks as per Mondelez requirements, leading the HACCP Team, etc.
- Establish, Manage, maintain and continually improve the Internal Audit Program and Forward / Backward Traceability exercise in order to verify effectiveness of the Quality Chain Management System.
- Addressing problems by carrying out root cause analyses and proactively implementing preventive action and validation internally and within the supply chain. Investigate consumer/customer complaints products to find root cause and ensure execution of corrective and preventive actions for continuous improvement.
- To be the Ikeja plant local contact for any market quality issues related to product quality / product emergencies. Also key contact for category regional quality for all subjects related to hygiene, product safety and quality.
- Lead External and Global Mondelez Quality Audits. Support accreditations and external visits. (ISO 9001:2000 FSSC 22000, PAS 96, MANCAP registrations, QCMS).
- Build clear CTQ with R&D. Visibility through specifications. Quality Control plan should be built to deliver specifications in line with CTQ / CTP methodology.
- Provide the Quality expertise within the Change Control process to ensure a Quality sign off for all projects which impact site Quality.
- Manage,develop and engage the site Quality team to ensure they meet business and personal objectives and targets. Build capability in all quality functions including Sanitation and Pest Management, QA and Food Safety, Quality Control laboratories (Analytical, Micro, Packaging, Effluent), Consumer Science, QA Verification.
- Define the Quality training, capability building and coaching requirements for the site at all levels of the sites structure. Provide Quality coaching and training in line with the Quality strategy.
- Coordinating and managing cross-functional and cross-department actions with information flow for the implementation of quality and food security aspects in a consistent way. Carrying out coaching role regarding quality, food safety and food security.
- Establishing communication and setting times in case of crisis status. Supporting Special Situation Management team and taking part and following up crisis management actions.
- Providing correct planning of investment plans and budget with tracking and preparing allocation requests for the quality department.
- Know the legal and compliance responsibilities of the position; lead ethically and model compliant behaviour; maintain an environment where employees are encouraged to speak up without fear of retaliation; ensure employees in area of responsibility understand the compliance responsibilities of their jobs and actively participate in the compliance program.
- Lead through engagement and capability building to embed the IL6S principles of High Performing Work Systems.
- Coordinate Quality trade visits with Sales and CS&L teams to track product quality performance in trade and create distributors’ awareness on improving proper handling and warehousing practices of CN product.
- Liase and support other units such as R&D, Procurement, CS&L, Marketing, Sales, HR to realise business goals and objectives.
Knowledge including – Education, Qualifications and Training:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance ideally in a manufacturing company.
- University Bachelor & Master’s degree in Chemistry.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of related corporate manuals
- Advanced influencing/negotiating/persuading skills
- Ability to engage others and drive change
- Process Management
- People Management
- Use rigorous logic and method to solve difficult problems
- Be able to interpret Process Control Parameters to Corporate and Legal requirements and recommend Corrective Actions if required.
- Strong Communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to build functional and business teams and create motivational environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Tax Manager, West Africa
Job Number: 1806619
Do you go big or small…..? Yes!
- We believe in both. That’s why we’re a $30 billion company with the mindset of a start-up. So big idea, small idea, or somewhere in between, here’s your chance to share it with us.
- Tax Manager reports globally and is responsible for direct tax matters in Nigeria, Ghana & Kenya.
- The Responsibilities include managing all direct tax compliance requirements, supporting tax audits and advising on complex business and tax technical matters.
- Issues involve tax, legal, financial, organizational and other areas requiring extensive knowledge of the relevant countries, teamwork and the ability to undertake prompt tax research and comprehensive analysis.
- Collaborate with Finance colleagues to support accounting for income taxes, including effective tax rate forecasts, current and deferred tax provisions and uncertain tax positions.
- Manage the external third-party service provider.
- Provide leadership and support to the Region’s foreign affiliates as they respond to tax audits and prepare for tax litigation with respect to tax positions established on income tax returns in foreign jurisdictions, as is necessary to minimize the Corporation’s overall tax burden.
- Collaborate with the foreign affiliates’ financial personnel and outside counsel to identify opportunities to reduce the affiliates’ effective tax rate and otherwise reduce the current tax payments of those affiliates.
- Review the tax basis earnings and profits (the foreign affiliates’ financial statements stated in U.S. tax accounting principles) and identify opportunities to repatriate high-taxed earnings, thereby reducing the Corporation’s overall tax on repatriated earnings, and provide implementation assistance by working with local finance and legal personnel.
- Assist in communicating audits, appeals and litigation resolutions and in recommending changes to the appropriate levels of reserves for current and potential tax issues.
- Maintain a personal Training Development Plan to ensure continuous improvement of professional skills.
- Communicate within and across the international tax organizations. Communicate fully in a timely, informative and accurate manner with superiors and others who have a need to know. Maintain excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Provide exceptional customer service throughout the Corporation.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner and maintain safety in the general work environment.
- Project Management.
- Filling of transfer pricing documentations – description of all relevant intercompany transactions, functional and risk analysis, arm’s length documentation.
- Applications for, and maintenance of, investment grants and tax incentives. This includes consultancy for all management levels on how to optimize claims for subsidies and how to deal with conditions which are set by (tax) authorities.
- Consulting and assistance of other departments covering all company direct tax issues.
Qualifications, and Experience
- Qualification as certified tax advisor or certified accountant
- Min 6 years of tax experience in public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) and/ or MNC
- Experience of work in FIRS preferred
- Excellent track record in project management
- Superior negotiating skills towards tax authorities and within the own organization
- Ability to work successfully with multiple stakeholders, of different seniority and from different business functions
- This job is based in Lagos, will report into the regional tax lead.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Mondelez International is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all applicants having the same qualification and experience in compliance with requirements of local employment laws.