Current Vacancies in a Reputable Bank
GVA Partners – Our client, a reputable Bank in Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administration Officer
- To manage the Bank’s database to ensure optimal uptime and system integrity which delivers support to the business strategy of the Bank that is achieved through Information Technology.
- The Job Profile indicates that the job holder should be capable of collecting information and imparting it to others.
- The job occupant whilst being adaptable by nature will need to ensure strict conformity with rules, systems and protocol.
- The area of work is likely to have some administrative, specialist or technical aspects and the person fulfilling the role should have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- The incumbent should be dependable, loyal, a good listener and enjoy working in a logical and systematic manner.
- Standard operating procedures are important aspects of this role and as such, it will require an individual who is organized, structured, self-controlled and capable of communicating facts within the required area of knowledge and expertise.
- The person fulfilling this role should be consistent in approach, analytical, sensitive, precise and compliant. The environment wherever possible should be free of confrontation and the person occupying the role should be non-aggressive by nature.
- Ensure 100% availability and effective usability of the database by end users concurrently.
- Responsible for non-corruption, performance, integrity and the security of the database.
- Ensure strict compliance to Back-up and recovery procedure to ensure data is available at all times.
- Deliver adequate support to application development teams on server/storage requirements.
- Make recommendations and carry out necessary tests when there is need to commission/ install new applications as well as customizing/tuning existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- First Degree in Numerate/ Physical Science or Engineering.
- 2-3 years cognate experience.
- Good working knowledge of Windows, Unix and Linux operating systems. Knowledge of Oracle and MS SQL database administration.
The behavioral competency for the job includes the ability to:
- Remain rational when dealing with others, work within organizational requirements, be systematic and factual when dealing with colleagues, and handle conflict adopting a logical and unemotional approach until a solution becomes achievable.
- Introduce monitoring systems that identify whether individuals or the organization are achieving their objectives, as well as any variances in terms of goals and timescales. Ensure that corrective action plans are formulated and implemented.
- Work within a technical or specialist area of expertise in order to continuously improve the quality of the service and/or product provided.
- Evaluate situations, calculate and reduce risk, justify and defend accuracy, give reasons for views and generally provide shrewd judgment in any situation.
- Be persistent in problem solving, seeking solutions through the expertise of both self and others. Research all the facts with care and resolving problems in a timely and thorough manner.
- Remain self-controlled when opposed and people become uncooperative or aggressive, be prepared to listen to what others say and feel, deal with conflict in an accommodating manner and use practicality as a method for reaching a solution.
- Be confident when dealing with uncooperative people and encourage them to implement imaginative solutions to challenging problems.
- Encourage people to communicate effectively and, through example and expertise, create participative attitudes.
- Seek direction and authority from others when and if appropriate, and achieve set goals in a non-assertive and efficient manner.
- Database Administration.
- Knowledge of Oracle and MS SQL.
- Application Support.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting hardware and operational systems.
- Knowledge of relevant policies and regulations.
- Research Orientation.
- Data / Information Management.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Data / Information Management.
- Business Presentation Skills.
- Customer focus.
- Vendor management
- Project Management.
Job Title: Information Security Officer
- To ensure perimeter security of network devices in order to protect the assets of the bank and improve customer’s confidence in the bank.
- Ensure servers and systems are up to date and patches to prevent potential vulnerabilities.
- Responsible for system hardening before publishing organize, coordinate, review, analyze and give detailed report of penetration testing, control and audit exceptions.
- Detect and report on systems without Antivirus.
- Follow up on closure of pen test, Control and audit exceptions.
- Ensure regular review of Information Security policy to meet with industry practice.
- Regular view of firewall rules in ensuring compliance with PCI standards.
- Manage and support Network Access Control system (NAC).
- Application vulnerabilities breaches.
- Updates and Patches of Servers and operating systems
- Physical access control breaches.
- Database vulnerabilities breaches.
- Standard operative procedure of daily activities.
- Risk & Control Rating.
- Handle the physical management of Access control in IT data centre environment.
- Management and support of encryption management (Symantec PGP).
- Ensure regular review of applications vulnerability.
- Information security.
- Operational risk management.
- Information systems audit.
- Policy formulation & implementation.
- Network planning & design.
- IT appreciation & application.
- Business continuity planning.
- Data/Information Management.
- First Degree in a Numerate or Physical Science.
- CCNA, CISA, CCNP, ISO 270001, ITIL
- At least 5 years cognate experience in IT/Network security.
Deadline: 22nd July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference email@example.com with “Database Administration Officer” as the subject of email.