Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Legal & Compliance – Central, East and West Africa
Ref No: 18000004WF
Locations: Kampala – Uganda, Nairobi – Kenya or Lagos – Nigeria
- The Head of Legal & Compliance – Central, East and West Africa (CEWA) will be generally responsible for overseeing and managing legal support for the Nokia CEWA Market Unit.
- This position reports into the Head of Legal & Compliance – Middle East and Africa.
Core responsibilities include:
- Advising company Regional Management on various regulatory, corporate governance, risk management, business ethics, contracting and other legal matters;
- Leading a small team of two legal counsels in the CEWA Market Unit, and iii. Ensuring adequate legal support to Customer Operations and other functions in the CEWA Market Unit.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Legal degree. Admission to practice in one of the countries in the region considered as an advantage.
- Proven ability to build strong and effective relationships with clients and internal business partners
- Pragmatic, solution-driven approach
- Ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing environment and perform under pressure
- High commitment on integrity with the internal fortitude and genuine interest to uphold and enforce Nokia’s standards for the highest ethical conduct amidst all the business pressure.
- Minimum 5 years Post Qualification Experience
- Fluent in English. Any additional languages are considered as an advantage
- Prior exposure to supporting business operations within Central, East and West Africa would be useful
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with senior executives and cross-functional set of colleagues
- Inherent leadership skills and ability to build effective legal & compliance function with limited resources.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online