Head Risk Management & Credit Control Vacancy at Protege Management Nigeria
Protege Management is a premier boutique Human Resource Consulting and Executive Search organisation. We offer both local and international companies bespoke human resource consulting products and services across diverse sectors.
We are prospecting to recruit a qualified candidate for our client who is a major player in the financial sector in the economy for the role below:
Job Title: Head Risk Management & Credit Control
Location: Head Office, Lagos
Status: Permanent: Full Time
Reporting to: Managing Director
- Proactively provides risk management advice across the group, proactively identifying emerging risks and advising the Board on appropriate risk management options.
- Reporting on key risks, including agreeing mitigating controls and escalating other risks (e.g. in relation to specific deals).
- Overseeing risk reporting to the Board on risk management best practice.
- Helping managers at all levels across the organisation ensure that risk management is embedded at an operational level within the business and that staff at all levels are aware of and manage risk as a core part of their responsibilities.
- Ensure an effective and prompt assessing of the risk level of all transactions before approval.
- Acting as the company Anti-Fraud Officer with involvement in sensitive fraud cases.
- Ensure that all customer accounts within the organization are well maintained and up to date.
Key Result Areas – Internal Business Processes:
- Ensure all communicated deadlines are met.
- Manage and complete daily assigned tasks.
- Comply with all implemented company policies.
Key Result Areas – Team Perspective:
- Maintain good interpersonal relations at work and show selflessness to colleagues.
- Actively ensure positive feedback from team mates at all times.
Key Result Areas- Lerning & Growth:
- Constantly identify competency gaps that require improvement.
- Complete and submit all post-training reports.
- Actively seek to be self-aware by identifying and properly channelling strengths and weaknesses.
- Demonstrate an attitude of openness to constructive criticism and feedback.
- Constantly seek to create and implement new ideas.
- Constantly seek to take initiative in executing daily functions.
- Continuously ensure that the company has a good low debt position/portfolio.
- Give recommendations based on analysis and forecasts on the best risk mitigation options for the organization.
- Daily assigned tasks are completed and implemented on time with a high standard of work quality.
- Proven improvement in interpersonal skills at the discretion of the Manager.
- Proven improvement in ability to frequently identify these gaps (at the discretion of Manager)
- Proven improvement in ability to understand and strategically channel strengths and weaknesses (at the discretion of Manager).
- Ensure proper delivery of the organizations risk portfolio to the Board of Directors.
- A risk mitigating culture within the organization is created especially for key stakeholders in the transaction chain (through recommended trainings or advice).
- Ensure that all sensitive fraud cases are handled with the highest standard of practice.
- Deadline schedules developed and communicated by manager are strictly adhered to.
- Internal: Head Audit, Head Account, General Manager, Head- Marketing & Strategy, Regional Branch Managers, Head Admin, Board of Directors.
- External: External Auditors, CBN
Skills, Competencies, Qualifications, Education & Experience
- Strong effective communicator in writing, business presentations and in interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality in interpersonal interaction.
- Exhibits an unusual degree of common sense in working with co-workers and the executive team.
- Proven track record working at a senior level in a complex commercial environment.
- Prior risk advisory, legal, audit or corporate governance experience at a senior level is a requirement for the role.
- Ability to anticipate issues, identify solutions and provide clear guidance to the Board to enable it to meet its corporate governance obligations across the group;
- Must exhibit a commitment to continuous learning.
- Demonstrable experience of building and motivating a team.
- Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment. Structured or large company experience will not work here.
- Minimum of 10+ years post qualification experience.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, laws and best practices.
- Professional membership of ICAN, ACCA etc.
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting.
- B.Sc. /BA in Accounting, Finance and related courses.
- I.T Proficiency.
- M.Sc./MBA is a plus.
An attractive package comprising a fixed and performance productivity pay.
Deadline:22nd June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org