HR Business Partner Vacancy in a Facilities Management Company
Afordonz Consulting Limited – Our client specializes in facilities management and is seeking to recruit and fill the position of:
Job Title: HR Business Partner
- Supports specific business units and or associated companies by taking responsibility for particular HR functions including employee relations, talent management, performance management, training and development, amongst others.
- Driving and implementing the people programmes and policies that support a vibrant, fast-paced and high performance culture of the company.
Skill Set and Profile
- Strong interpersonal/Communication skills
- Good Reporting and administrative writing skill
- Diplomatic, tactful, discreet, flexible, resourceful, dependable,
- Problem solving and conflict management
- Customer service-oriented
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Information gathering and monitoring
Talent Management and Development:
- Supports the Head HR/Admin in implementing strategies for talent identification and development.
- Designs and coordinates various talent development programs approved for company’s talent pipeline.
- Identifies and coordinates resources to meet organisation-wide talent, learning, educational and developmental needs.
- Manage succession planning for key roles.
- Be instrumental in Driving in driving talent retention agenda for the business and reporting on turn over, absences and reasons for leaving.
- Facilitates group discussions on the company’s collaborative forum (Bitrix) to get feedback employees’ perceptions and expectations for effective HR management.
- Develops strategy for knowledge transfer activities among staff across businesses and locations; this includes planning, implementation, and coordination of such activities.
- Regularly communicates policies and updates to staff via the corporate collaborative forum.
- Develops knowledge sharing processes and programs that encourage learning and collaboration.
- Prepares communications to share tools and information with various stakeholders, internally and externally.
Recruitment: ability to carry out job analysis, selection and placement.:
- Performance management: experience in handling company’s performance management process through performance appraisal system.
- Staff Grievances: Create and manage staff grievance process.
- Employee Discipline: Create and carry out good working ethics and disciplinary procedures.
- Payroll: Ability to implement payroll system in accordance with various tax laws.
- Staff Compensation and Benefits: Maintains employee welfare benefits programs, design and conduct educational training programs for employee educational advancement.
- Carry out periodic review of HR Policies such as, policies on Employee performance, Welfare, Recruitment, Benefits etc
- Legal Compliance: Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource Government requirements. The candidates must have experience and very good knowledge of labour laws and general working conditions in different countries across Africa.
Manpower Learning and Development:
- Develops and maintains inventory skill sets of various corporate positions to help plan suitable training programs in coordination with departmental heads and direct superiors.
- Conducts training needs analysis for SBU or associated company.
- Coordinate with departmental heads on their manpower training needs.
- Manages the revisions of training courses and evaluation methods as recommended by training specialists. Amending and revising programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment.
- Working with the rest of the HR team to produce programmes that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in an organisation.
- Gathering data for training need analysis and preparing annual corporate training plan in conjunction with line managers.
- Coordinates management training for staff using in-house or 3rd party resources.
- Evaluates trainer competence, performance and effectiveness of training courses and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Recommends 3rd party training programs contracted for which in-house training capability cannot match cost-effectively or wanting in competence.
Qualification and Experience
Minimum Educational Requirements and Work Experience:
- Degree or similar qualification in Human Resources or related course. Membership of CIPM, CIPD, or HRCI certification is a must.
- Experience creating transformational HR processes and other value adding continuous improvement initiatives within the HR function
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications, particularly Microsoft word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Minimum of 5 years human resource generalist experience in all, of which 3 years must have been as HR Business Partner in a large organisation with multiple locations.
- Full understanding of the labour laws and conditions of employment across Africa.
- Knowledge of SAGE HR system and other HRIS
Functional and Technical Competencies:
- Performance & Career Management, Employee Relations, Coaching & Mentoring, Performance Orientation, Relationship Management, Problem Solving, Commercial Strategy, Results Orientation, Negotiation Techniques, Evaluation of Commercial Activities.
- Working knowledge of a good HRM software, talent development capability, strong workforce relations skills, report writing skills, strong oral and written communication skills, creative and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Effective Decision Making, Planning and Organizing, Team Work, Communication, Technical Expertise, Presentation Skills, Influencing & Negotiation, Big Picture Thinking, Innovation, Change Management, Making Things Happen, Initiative.
- Strategic Vision, Result Orientation, Live the Values, Team Management, People Development
Deadline:14th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a copy of their detailed & recent CV’s to: email@example.com use the job title as the subject of your mail.
Note: Multiple applications will result in disqualification.