I.N. Venantius (Nigeria) Limited is a wholly indigenous private limited liability company incorporated in Nigeria since 1987. We are dealers in Laboratory furniture and equipment, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, and Agro-Technical Products. We are registered to buy, sell, construct, maintain, install, distribute, repair, service, import and export equipment, industrial chemical supplies and glassware. We have perfected the art of local construction of laboratory furniture using first-class technology of synthetic laminate and granite.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Installation & Service Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
- Install and service complex laboratory equipment & instrumentation, with minimum direct supervision, in response to scheduled and emergency customer requests in accordance with current ISO standards.
- Flexibility to travel up to 50% of time outside of home geographic area, based upon business needs.
- Report and document all customer complaints in appropriate systems of record for resolution and investigation. Provide follow-up to customers who have recently been provided service, to verify instrument functionality and customer satisfaction.
- Complete all administrative requirements of the position within expected timeframes.
Technical Service (40%):
- Maintain laboratory expertise through ongoing training and education.
- Contribute to the development of others through mentoring and sharing expertise.
- Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled maintenance and electrical safety inspections (ESI) on low-end and some high-end laboratory equipment.
- Repair, install, and calibrate low-end and some high-end laboratory equipment.
- Inform supervisors of the status of repairs, scheduled inspections, unusual equipment situations, and any customer concerns.
Account Relationship Management (25%):
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- Make recommendations to management regarding service strategy and capital equipment purchases.
- Perform incoming and periodic inspections of current inventory status.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history.
- Working Conditions
- Work requires extensive travel, 3 to 4 nights per week, possibly for several weeks in a row – generally home on weekends. The position requires a significant amount of walking and occasional lifting of heavy items up to 35 kg. Predominantly, work is performed in Laboratories where a safe environment is provided.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Able to work independently and responsibly with some supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, Sciences, Biomedical, Electronics major or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a clinical laboratory or servicing clinical laboratory equipment
- Experience in working on most low-end clinical laboratory equipment required; some experience working on high-end equipment preferred
- Excellent computer networking, equipment troubleshooting, administrative and communication skills.
- Familiar with the use of all common electronic test equipment including Digital Multi-Meters and safety analyzers.
- 2+ years of relevant experience servicing Laboratory and Medical equipment.
- Prior Technical Field Service, BioMedical, or Laboratory Service.
- Ability to travel at a moment’s notice without warning to any state within the nation. Valid drivers license required.
Application Deadline 2nd July, 2018.